SASS Wire Forum

Fandango 2011

:wub: :wub: Miss Kate! :wub: :wub: I can't wait ta see ya ! Been practicin my huggin for weeks. I think I've it down now. Ya best be ready.

Marshal Rusty ( what needs ta hide a certain fryin pan) B :unsure: re

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So posse one is gonna put on a garage sale at Fandango thanks to QT Kate and Fancy Free. If ya have any used cowboy stuff, wash it, fold it, and tape or pin a card (roughly 3"x3" or so) to the item with yer name, the item, and the price. Such as "Red wah shirt, $10.00, Cassidy". Then ya drop yer stuff off by the registration booth in the dance hall on Thursday or Friday (early). Anybody that wants to can participate, and posse one will keep an eye on things. After the reception Friday, come get yer stuff back. We'll look in the strong box, and if (for example) there's three cards with $10.00 each and yer name on 'em, ya get $30.00. Items left after 8:00 AM Saturday become door prizes or auction items. I hear Querida is givin' a free hug with every purchase... which makes me wonder... will cowboys buy dresses and petticoats to get hugs?

Cassidy :P

So posse one is gonna put on a garage sale at Fandango thanks to QT Kate and Fancy Free. If ya have any used cowboy stuff, wash it, fold it, and tape or pin a card (roughly 3"x3" or so) to the item with yer name, the item, and the price. Such as "Red wah shirt, $10.00, Cassidy". Then ya drop yer stuff off by the registration booth in the dance hall on Thursday or Friday (early). Anybody that wants to can participate, and posse one will keep an eye on things. After the reception Friday, come get yer stuff back. We'll look in the strong box, and if (for example) there's three cards with $10.00 each and yer name on 'em, ya get $30.00. Items left after 8:00 AM Saturday become door prizes or auction items. I hear Querida is givin' a free hug with every purchase... which makes me wonder... will cowboys buy dresses and petticoats to get hugs?

I'll bring a few things fer that.

Cassidy I'm planning on getting thar on Thursday. Ifin ya need me ta help wif anything on Friday just let me know.

CPK

Lordy this was a long ways down. Lets take it on back up.

Thanks Jack for the help on our registrations.

Cattail and I are planning on pulling in sometime on Thursday afternoon. If we can help out with anything just let us know.

I just went thru all the posts...I felt like der was sumting off kilter...The planet is wobbling on it's axis...Hmmmm what cud it be!!!

NO MENTION OF COOKIES!!!!!

Chili Pepper Kid

YES, there will be cookies :D

We should be in sometime Tue, or maybe Wed. Plenty of time to get the campers set up and labled.

I'm also gonna bring some sloppy joes, just in case anyone gets hungry when Stormy has finished cooking.

Is it Oct. yet????

YES, there will be cookies :D

We should be in sometime Tue, or maybe Wed. Plenty of time to get the campers set up and labled.

I'm also gonna bring some sloppy joes, just in case anyone gets hungry when Stormy has finished cooking.

Is it Oct. yet????

Ahhhhhhh...all is right in the world.

Carry on.

CPK

Chili! Are you bringing that goooood salsa again this year? Salsa and cookies. How can life get any better?

I better get to the cave and make sure I have enough rounds loaded. Between fall chores and packing, I'm going to be busy the next couple weeks. Somewhere in between I have to go to work. Dang, I hate it when that happens.

Chili! Are you bringing that goooood salsa again this year? Salsa and cookies. How can life get any better?

I better get to the cave and make sure I have enough rounds loaded. Between fall chores and packing, I'm going to be busy the next couple weeks. Somewhere in between I have to go to work. Dang, I hate it when that happens.

You betchya!!! I gots a jar all picked out. I made a batch few weeks ago that had a nice burn to it. Gonna start anouther batch tonight. This weekend I tink I'll whip up a batch of Apple Pie.

Dang dis is comin up quik I better go take a nap.

Chili Pepper Kid

Two weeks until hug time & MRB's been practicing. :wub: I can hardly wait. Does someone want to come pack all my stuff for me? I've about given up making decisions about anything. Guess I'll just throw things in the car till nothing more fits.

It sounds like we've got the world-famous cookies & salsa covered but I've got enough summer fruit left in the freezer for a good size cobble. Question is, should it be blackberry or peach?

Cass - I'm glad you've had the weather Injun turn down the heat some. I know you've talked to him about steering the rain around us, but a little shower now & then just might lift my spirits (note I said "LITTLE" shower).

Work - work - work. Finny's right. It sure interfers with my fun.

Q.T. (counting the days) Kate

Speakin of da weather injun.....Have ya had a good frost up dar yet? My allergicals are BAD dis year!!

CPK

FINNY!!!!

I found a song fer you. On Jake Owen's new CD Barefoot Blue Jean Night there is a Apple Pie Moonshine song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jY7bTzWho

Crank it up!!!!

Chili Pepper Kid

Hmmmm, Finny and family (?), J. Mark Flint, QT Kate, Rusty & Barbra, Footloose & Fancy, Henry, Hazel & Rufus, Molasses & Sweet Tooth, Chili Pepper, Cassidy and many more... film at 11.

What the heck! :unsure:

There is less than a week before we leave for FANDANGREAT and this is on page TWA? :angry:

So who all is gonna be there? :wub:

Ooops I've just been invited ta go visit the Delhi Lama in Tibet.

Boy howdy this is a tuff decision!!

Chili Pepper Kid

Nope, no band this year. We changed three guys the past year and the older old timers retired. Now we have keyboards too and we do a lot more classic rock and a lot less country... a better band but not a very good fit any more.

And add Prairie Wildcat and Brave Star to posse one...

What no chair stampede this year :huh:

I guess I'll just have to add the boom box and CD's to the camper stuff.

Hey Cass, what is the weather injun sayin about the weather? Do I need the portable campfire? Or the air conditioner ?

I'm leaving ya fer a few days, gotta go to a conference (:o ZZZ). The good thing is I'll stop by the Amana's ta stock up on wine & Root Beer.

Should be back Saturday evening. I expect ya'all ta behave!!

CPK

No beans being spilled here.

I'm feeling sassy already.

So far, cross your fingers, cross your toes, the weather injun "says" that there is a warming trend with sunny skies for the first part of next week. Go injun go, go injun go. Make it carry throug the rest of the week. Go injun go.

I think we're ready... except for all the places I have to go to pick stuff up. Last year's summer weather darned near killed the weather injun, so he left town for good. I gave the job to a new guy that shows a lot of promise. I've been watching the forecast and I don't even dare comment...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/54601

But just looking at the weather we had the last six days, well, the weatherman's forecast was totally off for three of the six days, so who knows?!?! Keep your fingers crossed!

Whewww got back just in time ta keep this offen page twa!!

Going shooting tomorrow wif the Fort Des Moines Rangers. Gonna use it as a warm up fer Fanizfundango.

Dang I'm beat!

CPK

Well not to dampen the party but..............................since Wednesday I've suffered from moderate pain in my arms and legs ( that covers a lot of area for the Marshal) tomorrow if I'm no better it's off to the sawbones. This morning I had to use two hands to drink my coffee and getting in and out of the car was a chore, almost impossible to open the door with one hand. I grabbed my 97 last night and I can't rack the slide.

:wub: :wub: Miss Barbara :wub: :wub: and I still plan on coming at this point just not sure if I'll shoot or not!

Rusty, I'm on day 13 of my 21 days antibiotic treatment for Lyme disease. I can't walk either... but it's gettin' better. So posse one might have two cripples. It'll give me a chance to test my theory that hugs from posse one women restore my strength. :rolleyes:

The cripples keep rolling in. I was cutting fire wood yesterday. Down on the ridge road I took the trailer off the tractor to manually do a 180. Got it pointed about 110 degrees, slipped on some leaf/moss covered rocks and went down. The trailer jack saved me from getting the weight of the tounge on my chest but when I went down I buggered up my back which is already floating in and out of place. My leg went up and my shin made good contact with the tounge and now it is one tender pup. So now I'm hobbling around and listing to one side. So I'm going to have something to sit on between stages. So roll out the muscle rub, ice packs and pain meds. Sounds like you have company.

Boy this is gonna be the slowest Possee in the West! :lol:

Less pain tonight went shopping with :wub: :wub: Miss Barbara :wub: :wub: and could manage to open my own car door.

Well it's off to bed I've got 300 kids that need someone to look up to tomorrow!

Golly ya'all watch yoreselves!!

I really wanted ta shoot my 1875 outlaws(Remingtons) but taday one of them was acting up. I just got done tearing it apart and changed out the hand spring. It wasn't broke but it sure was close. I'll prolly do what I usually do that's bring them along but end up shooting the Rugers.

Three days of work this week then hit the trail fer Fanperfectdango!!!

CPK

Archived