SASS Wire Forum

Fandango 2011

Ok, I see I need to add more first aid supplies to the camper, :blink: an extra cane, more pain meds, another ice pack, a couple more ace bandages, anything else you can think of????

It looks like we won't be leaving till sometime tomorrow and roll in sometime Wed.

You really don't want to know why, but it involves a tree stump, the truck, and Footloose. Need I say more? :unsure:

I will be needing hugs and giving them from the minute we get there :wub::wub::D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I see I need to add more first aid supplies to the camper, :blink: an extra cane, more pain meds, another ice pack, a couple more ace bandages, anything else you can think of????

It looks like we won't be leaving till sometime tomorrow and roll in sometime Wed.

You really don't want to know why, but it involves a tree stump, the truck, and Footloose. Need I say more? :unsure:

I will be needing hugs and giving them from the minute we get there :wub::wub::D

Hmmmm....tree stump, truck & Footloose...We're gonna need the full story with a beverage or twa when we're all together.

CPK

Oh Geez, now Footloose is gonna be whinin' about how he's hurt an' how he needs hugs... prob'ly gonna try stealin' a couple of my QT Kate hugs like Rusty does. I think I best trim the maple tree tomorrow... ladder, saw, rope... yeah that's it!!

Cassidy :P

Corks! Lots and lots of corks.

Listen up! Falling apart is not an option. Falling over is, as usual, permitted in appropriate circumstances. Usually those involving libations. Or stampedes. Or two left feet. I'm rather partial to that last kind! :)

Posse 1 will be pampered and provided plentiful hugs. Seriously. I have bags of them packed & stuffed in the car. Cass & MRB's are in a special spot. I plan to finish up at work early Wednesday afternoon (sooner if the boss lady blinks) and should roll in to the festivities early Thursday afternoon. I'll have plenty of time to practice my "Poor baby" look on the drive up. And if Posse 1 can't shoot that like champions we'll party like them instead.

Only a couple more days. It's too damn long.

Q.T. Kate

On another note... the new weather injun (Ted) has sent me charts and models of jet streams, low and high pressure patterns, and a photo of what I think is a buffalo chip. There is also a note that says "looking good boss".

Please don't jinx it, but take a look:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/54601

:wub: :wub: Miss Kate! :wub: :wub: Just thinking about hugs has me feeling better!

Doc took me off on of my meds and I'm feeling better, should be good to go Friday. We can't leave till Miss Barbara gets off work at 5:30 so we'll be in late.

See y'all then!

That's the nice thing about hugs. They never spoil - & they never run out. Your's will be waiting for you Rusty. Cass & Footloose should have worked out any hitches by then. :D

A few more hours then I'll head home, toss the last of the stuff in the car & head North. Finally! Y'all take care of yourselves & that new weather guy. I'm liking what I see.

WooWheee! - Dang near Fan-dang-GO!

Q.T.

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

Howdy Y'all,

I thought being retired, I'd spend lots of time in the Saloon (ACS) and have lots of time to do the stuff I've always wanted to do.

WRONG!! I don't seem to get as much done as I did w##king.

HOWEVER, we are just about packed and ready to have one Heck of a FANDANGO!!

In 3EEE's memory I'll be shootin' smoky stuff.

We expect to roll in tomorrow around noon or so.

We'll be looking for lots and lots of HUGS & Stuff.

See Y'all soon,

Henry & Hazel

Whal I'm getting packed up then I'm hitting the trail in the morn. Gotta few stops on the trail tamorrow. Figure me and "Pearl"(my truck) will be riding in mid afternoon.

As I've been packin kind of reminds me of my favorite line from a Louis Lamour book:

From Galloway:

Flagan Sackett goes into the mercantile and buys 400 rds of .44s.

Shopkeep: Ya expecting a war.

Flagan Sackett: No but if sumbody comes a looking I wouldn't want them to go away disappointed.

CPK

Campers are all setup and waitin' (Footloose oughta make some good tips I figger). The "ranch-in-a-can" is so doggone big we got sick of tryin' to tuck it in somewheres and just parked it in the middle of the parking lot. It made Finny happy.

Henry an' Hazel you can just back right up in front of me.... nobody is parked there for a change.

It's too hot though...

Cassidy

Headin out.....Got my travel music on!!!!

Keep movin', movin', movin',

Though they're disapprovin',

Keep them dogies movin', rawhide.

Don't try to understand 'em,

Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em.

Soon we'll be livin' high and wide.

My heart's calculatin',

My true love will be waitin',

Be waitin' at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em on,

Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide!

Head 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide!

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin',

Though the streams are swollen,

Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide.

Through rain and wind and weather,

Hell bent for leather,

Wishin' my gal was by my side.

All the things I'm missin',

Good vittles, love and kissin',

Are waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em on,

Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide!

Head 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide!

RAWHIDE!!!

CPK

Darn near slipped ta page twa!

:wub: :wub: Miss Barbara :wub: :wub: managed ta get a half day off tomorrow so we should be in by nightfall!

CPK, I need four hundered rounds????????????? :wacko::o

See ya all tomorrow!

Marshal Rusty (and the lovely Miss Barbara) B :D re

Checkin in! :wub: :wub: Miss Barbara and I got home about 6:30p.m. I'd like to thank everyone for makin a fuss over my lady she had a ball! To those that are trying to talk her into shooting, all donations will be accepted!

Thanks to the WWWB and Cassidy for a wonderful Fandangsunnygo!

Made it home by 7 last night. Fandango was so much fun I'm already lookin forward to next year!!

CPK

I'm still tired but I have a grin on my face. It will take me all week to get the ranch in a can unpacked. It was really good to shoot with the bestest group around. Smiles and happy faces abound. I too am looking forward to next year. I really loved all those hugs :wub: From the women! You ugly galoots keep to your ownselves. I think I got enough hugs to keep till next year.

Howdy Y’all!!

We got home around 8:00 last night. Even parked the camper in one try.

Exhausted, Happy (about getting to see and HUG all our Pards again), Sad (to leave them, but we’ll see them again soon).

Fandangsunny(andsometimesjustHOT) was a HOOT! B)

We missed some of our Pards who couldn’t be there this year.(Griz, J.Mark, & Dan for instance).

We shared some “C.R.” & “Evan Williams” and shed a tear in remembrance of our great and sorely missed friend Greeenriver.

We enjoyed a great Banquet, as usual. Had incredible weather (that new lady Weather Injun must be exhausted).

Gave and received tons of HUGS…. :wub: WOW!! Shot some really COOL (and to me, challenging) Cowboy T.V. show based stages.FUN!!

Hey, Marsha Rusty, thanks for bringing Miss Barbara along. (whisper mode) If you tell her how well she fits in with this bunch, will she get “scairt’? We want her to come back, you know. (whisper mode off)

Kate, I know you try and the pups want him to stay with them, but we’d like to see John at Fandango, too. We will twist his arm a little bit on our way South.

Miss Short Step, thanks for being our scorekeeper, and if your debut on Stages 9 & 10 are any indication, Rufus might soon be taking lessons from you. Tee hee. ;)

Sweettooth, aren’t you glad you shot with us again? We are!

And of course, SJC, Fancy Free(Posse Mom), Footloose, Chili Pepper, Finney, Mrs. Finney, Bravester, Prairie Wildcat, Molasses, Uncle Bob & Mrs.Uncle Bob. (I Hope I mentioned everyone). Thanks once again for a wonderful time.

Posse One!!! Yeeeee Haaaawwwww!!!

HUGS to all.

Hope our trails cross real soon.

Henry & Hazel Belle

Didn't make it home 'til after dark on account of taking the scenic route (past friends' to visit a bit). Umloaded the wagon this afternoon and we might get the last things unpacked just in time for the next Fandango. Most likely I'll be wandering the house next year trying to get packed and asking where something is and Sweet Tooth'll say something along the lines of "Did you look in the canvas range bag?" or "Your shotguns were still in the case last year from the year before: you didn't leave them there again, did you?". :blush:

We both had a wonderful time. Seeing everyone and talking and spending time together...well, I'd love to do it all over again.

Home - pooped - but still happy to have seen everyone & survived another Fan-dang-wonderful. Words can't express what all you mean to me so I'll just say "Thanks for the memories" and hope to see y'all someday soon.

Hugs,

Q.T. Kate

I'm still recovering... still really sore. Glad everyone made it home safe, and so glad posse one is a big part of my life, you guys are the best.

Oh, Footloose and Fancy are still here... they have some kind of Gold Miner's show here this weekend.

Oh, and the crew at the airport is wondering when J Mark will get here.

Cassidy

I'd bet J. Mark decided to drive and when he got to the Indiana/Illinois state line where 65, 94 and 90 all meet the sign says Wisconsin Left. So he probably turned around and went home.

That ain't the truth cause J. Mark has made the drive before but it still sounds good.

I'm still working at unloading the ranch in a can. I got the guns in the house but not out of the cases. Maybe tonight while it rains outside I can get some indoors work done. It was still a great shoot. I hate to say it but I think the stages were better 'n last years. Had a few people say that they really liked the stages.

Take a month off and start in to preparing for next year.

We are still at the range,and enjoying it. :D Except no wifi this year. :angry: We are at the Holman Library to get online.

Took the pistols out and did some shootin,and I am W A Y out of practice.Couldn't hit the paper plate with the first ten shots, have NO idea where they were going! Got on paper the second ten but still NOT good.

I won the free shoot for next year,and opened my mouth and said I was gonna shoot it :o

After the way I was shooting yesterday, that may NOT be a good idea. I may reconsider that. :huh: Maybe I should just stay in the barn, where I know what I'm doing. B)

Rained like a monsoon in the afternoon,and over night, today it rained a bit this morning and this afternoon cloudy and cool, but still not bad.

Just talked to Cass and we get to go listen to the band practice tonite. HAHAHAH, Saloonacrips, we get to hear them.

Fri.we are gonna go to the Tomah gun show and see what we can find. Sat. and Sun.is the GPAA, Gold Prospectors Association of America, Gold and treasure show here and we'll be going to that. Then Mon. we'll head for home by the way of Dappers to check on him, and fill him in on all he missed.

a great time was had by all, and I can't wait for next year.

And a small postscript to Fancy's post... Footloose and Fancy were at the house a couple hours yesterday. They have met the Coyote. They have spoken with same. They have chatted, told a couple whoppers back and forth, and laughed with same. They lived through it. They are now legend....

Then Mon. we'll head for home by the way of Dappers to check on him, and fill him in on all he missed.

Fancyfree, saw Dapper yesterday at a gun show. The shingles are still hurting him some but he looked to be in good shape. Since he was feeling poorly I decided not to give him all the hugs Miss Kate gave to give to him. Would you please have Footloose give them to him for me???

Ahhh, the Coyote. Woman of mystery. Must be related to Austin Powers, baby.

Fancy, I was looking but I didn't see you or Footloose in Tomah. I didn't find anything either.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home. I think most everyone has checked in.

Rusty, glad to hear Dan is perking up.

Dapper (the original) I'm still pulling for you.

Ok here is the news.

The Coyote is REAL !!!!

We are hoping to get her to come to the banquet next year. :)

Now for some unsettling news. When we got to Milan Mon. afternoon we called Dan to find out where he wanted us to park, and he said "I don't care I'm in the hospital"

He had checked himself in Sun. nite cuz he couldn't breath. :unsure:

We parked at the shop and hustled 2 blocks to the hospital. Seems like after the gun show Sun. he went to the shop to unload guns, and was just too pooped out to go anywhere and decided to sleep on the couch. About 1 am Mon. he really couldn't get any air and went to the emergency room.His blood pressure was off the charts. They admitted him and ran a bunch of tests Mon. He was supposed to hear the results Tue. am.

Before we could go back to the hospital Tue. morning he called Mary at the office and said he was getting out in about an hour.

When he got to the office, about 1 1/2 hours later, he informed us he has congestive heart failure and his lungs had filled up and thats why he couldn't breath. Doc wanted him to stay another day, but we all know THAT wasn't gonna happen.

He needs to make some lifestyle changes and he's already working on quitting smoking. I told him to listen to the docs as I wasn't quite done with him yet.

We left about 3:30 and got home about 6:30.

Anyway let's keep Dan in our prayers,as we've lost enough members of the GREATEST Posse in the world POSSE 1

Hugs to all,

Dapper... dang it amigo, take better care of yourself! Shingles are bad enough, but congestive heart failure?? No salt!!! Quit the beer!!! (I know that's hard at the Sweetwater) Aerobic exercise and no smokes!!! Probably need to limit fluids too... but take care of yourself!!! Read the labels on stuff and get that sodium down to nothin'!!

Okay, I'm done yellin'. I'm tired.

Actually I'm real tired, because today was a terrible day. We've been pumpin' steroids and antibiotics into the Coyote's little girl cat Tiger Lily, and she was gettin' better. Then the last two days, she really went downhill. I ain't much of a cat-person, but this little cat was real special. Smartest little critter I ever saw. Every night when I turned off my cell phone, she would herd me into the living room to get petted... one of those lay on the floor deals. But she was completely a one-person animal, and she loved Carole something fierce. Anyhow, her struggling and suffering was heartbreaking, so we had her put to sleep today. The Coyote held her little girl until she passed, and we both cried like babies.

Sorry for the spew...

Cassidy

Dang Cass. I'm not a cat person per se either but I hate to see them suffer. I know how it can tear you up when you have to put them down. I still miss my old lab and we have an old girl that gave us a scare the other night. My thoughts are with you and Carole.

Dapper, what Cass said. We all have passed the stage where we are bullet proof. We need you around some longer. Who is going to ride the horse in the dark? What was his name? He is gone too. :(

Dang, we need to go to the Saloon, get bottles to pour us a round. I'll even buy. Alright everyone, lighten up. Everyone is going to get better, no more lost pets and shooting is fun again.

Fred(because I said so)Finagler

Dan...Do what the Medic and SJC tell you and get this mess under control. You might need to work and worry less, too.

Y'all are only the same age as me and this is scarey stuff.

Hazel sends HUGS lots of HUGS and we both are sending out prayers for you.

Henry & Hazel

p.s.

SJC, sorry to hear about the Coyote's cat.

Hazel used to have one that was a special pal of mine, too.

We still miss Raspberry.

H & H

Archived