SASS Wire Forum

Fandango 2011

It seems I get later with this every year... but the 2011 Mississippi Fandango is coming! October 7, 8, 9 at the Holmen Rod & Gun Club come join the WWWB for a great shoot, great food, hopefully some great apple pie, and of course great friends (the greatest!).

This year we are not the Wisconsin State Shoot, WOWS has the honor this year up in Boyceville, so I anticipate a little more relaxing time for ol' Cassidy... less pressure, more fun!

This Fandango will be dedicated to Greeenriver and Tombstone Drifter, and we're working on some nice things for that.

Again I should be able to bunk 10 or maybe 12 of the long-distance travelers in nice campers, let me know early please! Registrations are here:

http://www.wwwildbunch.com/Fandango_Registration_2011.pdf

Notice there's a $10.00 discount per shooter if you get your registration in the mail early, postmarked by August 1.

More to come...

Cassidy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it that time already? I was surprised by the notice thinking it was early. Oh man that still means plenty of work to get ready. I'm still recovering from the St. Jude shoot. Oh well, no rest for the wicked.

Rocky, if you have any thoughts of coming to the Fandango, the deal Cassidy gets on campers can't be beat. All weekend for $150 for as many as you can pack in. Has electric, heat and water. Cassidy does it up right. All you bring or have brought for you are sleeping bags (bedding) drinks and what little food you may need. A number of places to eat in the area that are near by. Stop at a store and get a number of microwave meals. Other than breakfast, meals on Saturday and Sunday are taken care of. I don't pack a lot for food because there is always some kind soul to take me in and let me share a meal.

However, I wonder how many of my crew are going to come along this year. I'm guessing that Wildcat will come but I don't know what Brave Star and his Mrs. will do. Then there is my better half. Maybe we can make it a family reunion.

It will be good to hoist a drink to our fallen pards. Might have to use more moderation though.

Rocky, I have always regretted that your plans fell through back then.

J. Mark, you're right, you're overdue for a return. Might have to have a poker tourney again in your honor.

Now... if my wishes were to all come true... posse one will have QT Kate, Footloose, Finagler, Marshal Rusty, Chili Pepper, Wichita Griz, Dapper, Chip Tosser, Brave Star, Prairie Wildcat, Henry Horns, Hazel, Tex Boden, J. Mark, Mogollon Drifter and whatever surprises and young'uns can make it.

And knowin' me I forgot somebody. Sorry in advance...

Cassidy :lol:

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

Y(EEE) Haaawwwww!!!!

The Great Mississippi Fandango!!

We expect to be there!

Rufus told us, yesterday, he and Short Step are planning to come too.

By the way, dedicating the match to Greeenriver and Tombstone Drifter sounds like a right fine tribute to the both of them.

Henry & Hazel

Whal I'll be thar fer sure an fer certin!!!!

As of right now I'll need a bunk. Howsumever I have been shopping fer a small camper fer my self.

Chili Pepper Kid

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - Well folks, I have a couple things... first of all, I think you're gonna love the trophies and awards. We've been experimenting with a new idea and what we're developing for Fandango may be the coolest awards in history (the WWWB could win the Nobel prize for awards this year).

Second, we've started working on a theme for the stages. And the word for the stages this year is EPIC... we've always been known for fun stages, and this year the goal is epic, fun stages that folks talk about long after Fandango. Stay tuned on this!

More later...

Cassidy :P

So Chili, you bringin' one of yer Ioway amigos this year?

Tex, ya tired of heat this summer yet? Nice drive in October....

Course we've had floods, tornados and record heat already.

Cassidy

Footloose and I will be there as usual :D

With the group that has already commited,(and some should be) it sounds like we'll have a GREAT time as usual.

Hey Cass, with J.Mark coming we may have to have a Mumbly Peg tournament as well as poker. :rolleyes: I'll bring extra first aid supplies :o

Footloose says he'll bring some BIG knives so it'll be easy to score :blink:

Is it Oct. yet???????

So Chili, you bringin' one of yer Ioway amigos this year?

Tex, ya tired of heat this summer yet? Nice drive in October....

Course we've had floods, tornados and record heat already.

Cassidy

So far just me.

CPK

Q.T. has been on vacation. You know - one of those things where you prime, paint, sand & shove heavy things around. In 105+ degree heat. Dang things were developed to make you GLAD to go back to work.

But on to the fun stuff. . . . .

Epic? EPIC??? How could I miss out on epic? How could I miss out on Noble prize winning awards? How could I miss out on on friends and family and the best-damn-match-bar-none-anywhere? But most importantly, how could I miss out on all those HUGGS! (Especially when Marsha Rusty owes me elebenty-seven or so). :wub:

Right now it depends on how things go up playing with the sheep in Colorado in September, but things are looking pretty good. If the Camper God & Posse Mom will save my bedroom I'm planning on being there.

And Cass - pay the weather Injun overtime if necessary. Just get us some temps between 50 & 90 please.

Miss you guys & can't wait to see ya.

Q.T. (looking forward to that pretty drive North - where it's cooler) Kate

QT... I always wait on pins & needles for you to declare you're coming. That's usually preceeded by the many hours of pacing waiting for Footloose and Fancy Free's announcement. Once the three of you are set, I can start the official scowling/worrying about everyone else.

Anyhow, a few updates...

Remember to save $10.00 on yer shoot fee ya gotta get your registration in postmarked by August 1st.

I crashed the old PC that I used to do the booklet... not sure how I'm gonna get that done this year.

Epic stages are already being worked on. We will also have a fun/interesting/wild/crazy theme.

Also, Fandango has maybe the best food of any shoot anywhere... testimonials welcome below (lol).

More to come.

Kate your room will be there, in it's usual place. Bring creamer, I drank all mine, sometimes even in coffee :lol:

Now what's this about playing with sheep in Co.? :wacko:

I thought Tex and the sheep were in TEXAS? :unsure:

Cass, you don't have to worry about the rest of them, they will either be there, or not. Either way, we WILL have FUN!!! That's an order from MOM. :D

Is it Oct. yet?

Lots of earlybird registrations arriving daily, don't forget that if your registration is postmarked by August 1st you can take $10.00 off the shooter's fee.

Cassidy

Ain't heard from Griz in ages... hey Griz, where are ya?

I wanna pull a cork wif that old scudder.

CPK

What the heck is this doing on page 3 again?

Does anyone know how to tie a good knot and keep this on page one where it belongs ?

:wub: :wub: Miss Barbara's :wub: :wub: been puttin knots in my knogin for years. I'll see if she kin help!

Posse 1 is shapin' up... Chili Pepper Kid, Querida Kate, Footloose, Rufus Edgar McGinnis, and Cassidy have registered. We've extended the shooter fee discount for three more days, postmarked by August 10th, to save $10.00!

Cassidy

Archived