SASS Wire Forum

ot new shoot

evil dogooder

Ok all this may be a little weird but I thought id give it a try.

As some of you know I work for a fairly large swine production company. Today at an office meeting I was tasked with coming up with a few ideas to get us more in the public eye. Well a few guys there know I am getting into cowboy shooting and we kind of came up with an off the wall idea. Not sure if its kosher with sass and all so I thought id ask the experts.....that's you guys in case you were wondering.

Anyway the idea was to have a sod buster/ pig farmer verses cowboy shoot people could choose to dress up either way. With various different targets like as a bonus target have a little pig target. Or something like that.

Have a normal six stage match. All the normal categorys plus maybe one for the dedicated pig farmers. Like have bib overalls and clod hopper boots. Etc

Then have as prizes whoever wins a category gets a ham or some bacon or whatever. Overall winner gets a processed pig. If anyone gets all the bonus targets they get something too.

After the match have a porkchop feed/ banquet

I guess what I'm asking is would anyone be even interested in shooting. A match like this or is it totally wrong to do something of this nature. In my opinion it would be bring new pr to both aspects. Show a new. Demographic what sass is about and show sass what my industry is about ... plus it would involve shooting and a good meal. To me a win win situation :-)

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Thanks

Respectfully

Evil dogooder

Basically, if you want to get "in the public eye" you first must decide who the public is and then what kind of brand image you want to convey. Hopefully, it is a positive brand image about your firm. How much exposure do you want? Local or national?

So for example, having an event such as you describe is not likely to convey a positive brand image in an urban environment like NYC. It may go over pretty well in a rural area such as where you are.

Keep in mind, the average joe does not know about nor understand CAS. Attaching one "unknown brand" to another "unknown brand" is not likely to have optimal results.

Just my 2 cents.

sounds great any idea where it would be held?

Not really this was basically off the wall idea that is less than five hours old so i havent put a lot of thought to it.

I have to talk to the local ranges and see if there is enough interest. I'm from southern minnesota but the I guess we could do it in any of the local states.

We have farms I'm most of them.

Evil dogooder

Basically, if you want to get "in the public eye" you first must decide who the public is and then what kind of brand image you want to convey. Hopefully, it is a positive brand image about your firm. How much exposure do you want?

So for example, having an event such as you describe is not likely to convey a positive brand image in an urban environment like NYC. It may go over pretty well in a rural area such as where you are.

Keep in mind, the average joe does not know about nor understand CAS. Attaching one "unknown brand" to another "unknown brand" is not likely to have optimal results.

Just my 2 cents.

Whoa I was kinda meaning keep it simple local thing if it works build on it. Kind of like showing. One side as in not everybody that likes to shoot is a gun crazy terrorist. Verses not everybody that raises animals for a living is a backwater hick.

But seriously just trying to get two different groups in the community to have a little fun together. We already sponcer a trap shoot as a county pork producer but this would be a little more involved hopefully more fun too.

I was thinking maybe make it an yearly thing just kinda keep it simple and fun. Prizes for best costume stuff like that nothing big just a fun time. A local club has a spaghetti feed. Sort of like that hopefully get a couple dozen people the first year and let it grow from there.

Ok all this may be a little weird but I thought id give it a try.

As some of you know I work for a fairly large swine production company. Today at an office meeting I was tasked with coming up with a few ideas to get us more in the public eye. Well a few guys there know I am getting into cowboy shooting and we kind of came up with an off the wall idea. Not sure if its kosher with sass and all so I thought id ask the experts.....that's you guys in case you were wondering.

Anyway the idea was to have a sod buster/ pig farmer verses cowboy shoot people could choose to dress up either way. With various different targets like as a bonus target have a little pig target. Or something like that.

Have a normal six stage match. All the normal categorys plus maybe one for the dedicated pig farmers. Like have bib overalls and clod hopper boots. Etc

Then have as prizes whoever wins a category gets a ham or some bacon or whatever. Overall winner gets a processed pig. If anyone gets all the bonus targets they get something too.

After the match have a porkchop feed/ banquet

I guess what I'm asking is would anyone be even interested in shooting. A match like this or is it totally wrong to do something of this nature. In my opinion it would be bring new pr to both aspects. Show a new. Demographic what sass is about and show sass what my industry is about ... plus it would involve shooting and a good meal. To me a win win situation :-)

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Thanks

Respectfully

Nope! Definitely NOT KOSHER! :lol:

Evil dogooder

Archived