SASS Wire Forum

Before Badgers states a dating rumor about me again..

Deja Vous

You are caught.. and I am re sizing all the St Croix in your box, bending all your nails.. and and and cutting all the pads in half.. lol.

will you please maybe I can quit shoeing then

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soft laughter? Can't be Deja then...

Grizzes.. lol.. Are you saying I am noisy>? lol... Gosh, I am a soft gentle creature.. you just don't know me, huh? lol.. Well, i do have a soft side.. just don't show it unless I am sitting on a pillow.. lol

My, my! So defensive! Protesting too much and all that. ;)

Good to have you back, Deja.

And she hasn't figured out the multiquote function.

Multi what? Hey.... I have trouble with chairs that don't rock, gun that does not bubble, and not responding on a personal level... Thanks guys, ya make me laugh... Deja

Me thinks that sparkle in her eyes didn't come from the black powder smoke.

Wonder who this dude is. Maybe we should get a posse to check him out.

No dude Bmcs... just my daddy... and my dog and my crazy cousin, wife and his friend,.

will you please maybe I can quit shoeing then

lol... You know I could send everyone I know to you that need SHOW SHOES.. lol

lol... You know I could send everyone I know to you that need SHOW SHOES.. lol

$$$$$$$$$ if you have to

Multi what? Hey.... I have trouble with chairs that don't rock, gun that does not bubble, and not responding on a personal level... Thanks guys, ya make me laugh... Deja

((points to lower right corner)) There, right next to the "reply" button. Lets you gather a bunch of quotes into one post, so you can respond to 5 or 6 people in one shot. No...not the Edit button...other side.

"Gun that does not bubble"???

You have a bubble gun? :lol:

My weekend.. with my "guy"...

I spent Friday night eating Mac and Cheese.. not my favoritre since I was 12, but my fathers wife thinks it is so she makes it for me and I "love" it and take a bunch home.. lol... She is so sweet.. Today the neighbor lady told me her dog had to be put to sleep and wanted me to tell TJ, my dad's wife. TJ had a quad bypass about a year ago, so I never give her sad news.. but before I could open my mouth.. TJ came down the hill to the pastures... and yep there it was the news about the dog.. So I have to try to make a very sad step mom laugh.. The last thing she needs is more sadness so I go off on my normal routine of what is funny in my world.. And she laughed and I had her heart back with eyes that shined with laughter.. I can not count the number of time in my youth that I counted on her smile, so I was so happy to return the favor.. very cool... You guys know teen age girls.. loll

Anyhow.. We then left for our gargage sale adventure.. I did consider a lemon tree and decided no way was t hat riding with me in my dad's van.. lol.. Last time I was covered in dirt in his car when the darn thing exploded in mid air over a corner he took. ... lol. I bought nothing today.. but I laugh like I always do with my dad. At 1200 hours my cousin showed up with his wife, and we headed out to find a watermelon.. lol Now you have to understand the farming background says.. it has to be CLOSE to what I grew in MY garden 25 years ago.. lol... We found one FINALLY.. and home we went , out to the patio to eat melon, musk and water.. and oatmeal cookies? lol..

I cut the watermelon and seved it ... and the lope.. lol.. and my cousin and dad and I talked GUNS.. lol.. Okay fine they are way over my head but I love hearing the talk about my passion. And TJ and Dixie my cousins wife talked about sewing and cooking.. Gosh.. how can I keep up with two conversations I love so much? I am out mastered here no doubt.. but that is okay.. I have never had to be in the spotlight, or the best, or the smartest.. I listen, laugh. and enjoy..

So, I was asked if I would be interested in training a horse for mounted shooting... I have trained them to cut, to rein, to do all around for 4 H and to do trail class.. But to shoot.. well I shot off mine in AZ.. so I am thinking about it.. It appears I could have a 2nd job.. a ways away.. but on the weekend when ever I want to come out was the message convay to me.. It appears I impress someone .. lol.. Rarely do I do that.. lol

The conversation went to if I have found a boy friend yet,.,. and I told my dad what I have found so far and they were a "pass" in his mind. We discussed his intentions of his will and I told him the same thing I always tell him.. I NEVER want to lose you, Daddy.. you are my anchor.. he is 91,, maybe it is working? lol

Now about breakfast.. for tomorrow.. Scrambled eggs. peppers, onions. garlic.... oh, gosh I have run out of time.. lol

$$$$$$$$$ if you have to

Lol.. Yeah I Know I spent 125.00 for shoes about 12 years ago for show shoes.. and I did not do hunt seat in AQHA.. lol. Shoes cost a lot.. I liked the light weights.. but I am that kind gal.. lol...

((points to lower right corner)) There, right next to the "reply" button. Lets you gather a bunch of quotes into one post, so you can respond to 5 or 6 people in one shot. No...not the Edit button...other side.

"Gun that does not bubble"???

You have a bubble gun? :lol:

rotfl.. heck I guess so.. lol

Lol.. Yeah I Know I spent 125.00 for shoes about 12 years ago for show shoes.. and I did not do hunt seat in AQHA.. lol. Shoes cost a lot.. I liked the light weights.. but I am that kind gal.. lol...

Deja sweetheart I am going to give you some sticker shock. Where I am in Nor. Cal., $150. is basic straight shoeing. The last horse show I work (7 years ago) was a hunter jumper show I was getting $50. just for putting a shoes back on, $250. -$300. for shoe all the way around depending on what modification I had to make. Don't think reining horses are cheap ether they started at $175. and went up from there you know those slider have to be put on just right

Deja sweetheart I am going to give you some sticker shock. Where I am in Nor. Cal., $150. is basic straight shoeing. The last horse show I work (7 years ago) was a hunter jumper show I was getting $50. just for putting a shoes back on, $250. -$300. for shoe all the way around depending on what modification I had to make. Don't think reining horses are cheap ether they started at $175. and went up from there you know those slider have to be put on just right

yep. AZ shoeers are cheaper, or they were 12 years ago.. lol.. I paid a handsome sum for reining shoes.. and I rode a Real McCoy baby.. in and ARAB class.. lol.. Authenticity.. from Gainey ranch.. baby actually... He was so worth it.. lol.. But later I went AQHA.. I got hurt for the last time on a baby pinto.. arab.. once I went AQHA I had no injuries anymore.. I did run ST CROIX on my TRail horse.. at least the AQHA horse.. the pad were costly.. but in the world of IMPRESSIVE horses I and you had little choice.. CA has to cost a lot more..

The last year I rode I had a pinto rear up on me.. and I got off.. lol.. and ended up hurt. I was told I would never walk again without a limp.. well think again idiot DOCTORS.. I do not have a limp... Little stops me and nothing ever will.. liol..

'But I have stopped riding now.. My father asked me to stop cuz I had been injured so many time I think he thought I would end up dead.. lol.. Today. I dont ride much just an old horse once in a while, don't train either.. but I do not hurt really either. .. cuz I was never built to hurt I guess.. God blessed me.. and I thank him for that.. And I thank him everyday for the years I had with the most timid, but awesome creatures on earth. I now have a dog to give my love to.. and she is crazy, and I have all the time, all the patience.. and all the humor in live.. for her. I think people need to have a live of their own, a life to share, and a life where they get to really understand animals love and compassion.. Cuz you get to realize how much more understanding you need to be toward others.. Animals give you that.. God Blessed me by teaching me that..

Last post.. thanks for the nice PM's and the response to this thread .. humor is the best part of life.. you are ALL the very best to me.. Gosh.. if God would just let me add brothers and sisters to my family free I would be all set... lol Life is a blessing each and every day.. Hugs to you all .. you make me laugh every day.. Deja.

Bottles, a round for the house, cause we are gonna be here a while getting fussed at by Deja.

Put it on Okie's tab. He said it was ok.

I hope he has a HUGE tab.. .lol..

Rolling pin? You gonna make some pies, Deja? Rhubarb maybe? or shoo fly?

Ah.. Rhubarb.. on man what was it we were talking about?? lol.. I forgot rhubarb pie does have that effect on me.. lol.. Am I cooking again? lol

Good night y;'all .. it was fun.. and you are all too funny.. I need to go to sleep now so I can make breakfast for .... who knows????????????????? Tomorrow.. lol

Makes my fingers hurt just reading it! :blink:

Deja, maybe ya ought ta just drive to all of our houses and give us a piece of yer mind and a BONK on the head with a rollin' pin.

:lol:

~EE Taft~

I spent Friday night eating Mac and Cheese.. not my favoritre since I was 12, but my fathers wife thinks it is so she makes it for me and I "love" it and take a bunch home.. lol... She is so sweet.. Today the neighbor lady told me her dog had to be put to sleep and wanted me to tell TJ, my dad's wife. TJ had a quad bypass about a year ago, so I never give her sad news.. but before I could open my mouth.. TJ came down the hill to the pastures... and yep there it was the news about the dog.. So I have to try to make a very sad step mom laugh.. The last thing she needs is more sadness so I go off on my normal routine of what is funny in my world.. And she laughed and I had her heart back with eyes that shined with laughter.. I can not count the number of time in my youth that I counted on her smile, so I was so happy to return the favor.. very cool... You guys know teen age girls.. loll

Anyhow.. We then left for our gargage sale adventure.. I did consider a lemon tree and decided no way was t hat riding with me in my dad's van.. lol.. Last time I was covered in dirt in his car when the darn thing exploded in mid air over a corner he took. ... lol. I bought nothing today.. but I laugh like I always do with my dad. At 1200 hours my cousin showed up with his wife, and we headed out to find a watermelon.. lol Now you have to understand the farming background says.. it has to be CLOSE to what I grew in MY garden 25 years ago.. lol... We found one FINALLY.. and home we went , out to the patio to eat melon, musk and water.. and oatmeal cookies? lol..

I cut the watermelon and seved it ... and the lope.. lol.. and my cousin and dad and I talked GUNS.. lol.. Okay fine they are way over my head but I love hearing the talk about my passion. And TJ and Dixie my cousins wife talked about sewing and cooking.. Gosh.. how can I keep up with two conversations I love so much? I am out mastered here no doubt.. but that is okay.. I have never had to be in the spotlight, or the best, or the smartest.. I listen, laugh. and enjoy..

So, I was asked if I would be interested in training a horse for mounted shooting... I have trained them to cut, to rein, to do all around for 4 H and to do trail class.. But to shoot.. well I shot off mine in AZ.. so I am thinking about it.. It appears I could have a 2nd job.. a ways away.. but on the weekend when ever I want to come out was the message convay to me.. It appears I impress someone .. lol.. Rarely do I do that.. lol

The conversation went to if I have found a boy friend yet,.,. and I told my dad what I have found so far and they were a "pass" in his mind. We discussed his intentions of his will and I told him the same thing I always tell him.. I NEVER want to lose you, Daddy.. you are my anchor.. he is 91,, maybe it is working? lol

Now about breakfast.. for tomorrow.. Scrambled eggs. peppers, onions. garlic.... oh, gosh I have run out of time.. lol

I read your post with a big smile on my face. You made me think about how much my Dad loved watermelon... what a big deal it was to find the perfect one...and how he would always eat it with his pocket knife. Good memory of a good man.

There is just nothing like spending a few lazy hours with family. Those who know you and think you are perfect...or at least better than most...anyway.

Deja....A big hug to my friend I've never met. And a big hug to your Dad too.

Your post also made me think about my Dad's view on the men I dated.... wow, of course no one would have ever been good enough.

Me dating in high school must have been hell on my Dad. :->

He never liked my first husband. He had no tolerance for "lazy"

When I met the man I have been married to for almost 16 years now, I asked my Dad what he thought of him.

He thought for a minute and said "he's a hard worker....he's a good guy, he's not a bullsh**er....he means what he says"

That was a huge compliment coming from my Dad.

Dad was right.

I've been married to my prince for almost 16 years now.

I guess you know we are always children in our Daddy's eyes.

Even when Daddy was in the hospital for the last time he introduced me to the nurse's as "and this is my baby, Joy"

It embarrassed me alittle, I said, "Daddy I'm 40 years old"

"Your still my baby"

Thanks for the good memories Deja.

Your post also made me think about my Dad's view on the men I dated.... wow, of course no one would have ever been good enough.

Complicated Lady between my wife and I, we have 6 kids the oldest being a girl. When she was 14 I told one of the Boys(a 20 yrs old) that was hanging around her way to much. I said, "I would just as soon put a bullet in you as to talk or look at you". You know I just don't understand why he quit coming around. We also have 9 grand daughters with a 10 grand kid on the way, I wound if they will bring their bo's around me LOL

When I met the man I have been married to for almost 16 years now, I asked my Dad what he thought of him.

He thought for a minute and said "he's a hard worker....he's a good guy, he's not a bullsh**er....he means what he says"

Dad was right.

Even when Daddy was in the hospital for the last time he introduced me to the nurse's as "and this is my baby, Joy"

"Your still my baby"

CL, My youngest is my soon to be 2 year old baby girl. I can already tell you that when she is 40 she will still be my baby.

You are a lucky lady to have a Daddy that loves you so.

Mama Taft's dad resented the fact that he had all girls to the point that he didn't want anything to do with any of them. After they were all grown he left his wife and them behind. Purdy raw deal.... <_< to this day he won't speak to Mama and she tries to call him often. Sometimes I'm so heartbroken for her to have such a poor relationship with her dad. I try to make up for it and so do the kids but I'm sure it's not the same as having a great dad. My Dad has been there for her and been alot like a father figure to her. We hope to renew or vows oneday soon and she said she would like my Dad to see her down the isle.

For all she's been through with her dad and family.........she's quite a wonderful woman, never bitter. :wub:

I know, TMI, but you and Deja sparked a thought in me. :blush:

~EE Taft~

Nope.. not dating JJJ's we just shared a trailer at Ambush.. lol... JJJ"s are you still laughing?? Got ya... lol Okay,.... fine Peppers was there too.. and two dogs.. lol..

Just shared a................Hmmmmm!!! Uhhh-hmmmmmmmmm!!! :P

Deja must be sleeping in today. All that romantic interlude seems to had drained off some of her exuberance

today. Bet she is still smiling though. :lol:

All that candle light and wine and new love will do that to ya.

Just ask her......she'll tell ya.....when she wakes up..... :lol:

~ :ph34r: ~

Ah.. Rhubarb.. on man what was it we were talking about?? lol.. I forgot rhubarb pie does have that effect on me.. lol.. Am I cooking again? lol

Strawberry/Rhubarb pie.....sliced da rhuabarb small as it is super sour, put extra sugar in der.

Dat'll give Lady Hawk wif da rollin' pin a good work out............:wub:

And me time to leave da county !!!! ;)

Makes my fingers hurt just reading it! :blink:

Deja, maybe ya ought ta just drive to all of our houses and give us a piece of yer mind and a BONK on the head with a rollin' pin.

:lol:

~EE Taft~

Oh don't worry bout dat BONK part EE. :wub:

Lady Hawk has dat part down pat !!! :lol:

Strawberry/Rhubarb pie.....sliced da rhuabarb small as it is super sour, put extra sugar in der.

NO STRAWBERRIES!

Just the rhubarb. I'll agree that it takes a lot of sugar.

Heck...just cook up the rhubarb in a simple syrup and serve along side pork or turkey.

Ryes.. are you coming out soon to visit your son? I would love to meet you.. I need a moving target...lol

I'm gonna try to come out in Oct/Nov, my son just got in last night to visit here for a week. It'll be good to see him.

Moving target? Okay but I'm warnin ya I shoot back!:lol:

Dad was right.

"Your still my baby"

CL.. I am a child in everyones eyes, not just my Dad's.. lol... But yeah, I am his baby and will be forever. The memories are good of my father in t he past and still t oday.. I am blessed to still have him in my heart. He brings up his will a lot, and what he wants me to do... and honestly all I can do is act stupid... I am not ready, nor will I ever be ready to lose him. Not sure what I will do without him. Not even will to think about that for now.. I am glad you had some fun with your memories.

I do often... like the time he scolded me and my pet racoon chattered right back at him.. loll He was so upset about that coon... it was funny.. My father taught me it was okay to just be me, ... and it took me a while to understand that.

CL, My youngest is my soon to be 2 year old baby girl. I can already tell you that when she is 40 she will still be my baby.

You are a lucky lady to have a Daddy that loves you so.

Mama Taft's dad resented the fact that he had all girls to the point that he didn't want anything to do with any of them. After they were all grown he left his wife and them behind. Purdy raw deal.... dry.gif to this day he won't speak to Mama and she tries to call him often. Sometimes I'm so heartbroken for her to have such a poor relationship with her dad. I try to make up for it and so do the kids but I'm sure it's not the same as having a great dad. My Dad has been there for her and been alot like a father figure to her. We hope to renew or vows oneday soon and she said she would like my Dad to see her down the isle.

For all she's been through with her dad and family.........she's quite a wonderful woman, never bitter. :wub:

I know, TMI, but you and Deja sparked a thought in me. :blush:

~EE Taft~

EE's as my grand mother put it when I asked about my mother.. "there is nothing you need to know about her".. so they told me nothing for decades.. close to her death she did tell me a bit, but my fathers still does not speak of her, only her sister he second wife is spoken of in his home. I got the picture that I crimped her style, she was a bit loose I guess... and they never wanted me to be like her.. they got part of the dream, but I do have a screw loose.. lol

Deja must be sleeping in today. All that romantic interlude seems to had drained off some of her exuberance

today. Bet she is still smiling though. :lol:

Oh, not at all BMCS.. I was busy today, we had breakfast in a dimly lite dining room surrounded by his loving children, who we fed off our plates... I spent time with his family again it was perfect. .. and Peppers came over and we all three made a day of it in his garage, even had to turn the A/C on..... later we went shopping, and then we hung out in his pantry.. and then he took all of us out too eat.... I will be spending more time with him tomorrow.. I have a day off.. and next weekend, maybe a weekend again.. lol With our guns of course.. lol

Archived