SASS Wire Forum

Hey that's me!

I JUST got my June Chronicle (don't get me started on that subject ) and I saw the article by Long Johns Wolf on Colt Army Conversions. It's a very nice article, and it's in English, so I get to understand it this time. :) The last time I saw an article by Long Johns it was in German in "Europas großes Waffen-Magazin" and I couldn't read more that a word here and there.

But the Germans were able to spell my name correctly on the photo credits. Something the Chronicle couldn't seem to do. So where the captions read Mike Beloiveau, Etter PA, USA, it should be Mike Beliveau, Etters, PA USA.

Overall a nice article by Long Johns. :)

Mike Who ????

Just ribin Ya .....

Be nice if they got it right ....

Been mentioned twice in da CC and they spelled it right both times ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just lucky I guess ...

Jabez Cowboy

My maiden name is Tully

We always knew it was a salesperson calling when they couldn't pronouce our name correctly.

I was mentioned in the CC once.

"....and others"

that was me!

:blush:

I would never refer to Ya as "Others" ain't nice ta call such a pretty lady something like that ....

I think Darlin' or Sugar or Honey or Sweety Pie works better .......

Jabez Cowboy

I would never refer to Ya as "Others" ain't nice ta call such a pretty lady something like that ....

I think Darlin' or Sugar or Honey or Sweety Pie works better .......

Jabez Cowboy

Well thank you sir

That's because you are a gentleman.

Just realized something...

some women get bent out of shape over being called names like that.

...and if it's said in a condesending way then it would bother me too.

I know you meant it only in a very polite way soooo

thank you

You are not only Pretty ,,,, but very smart as well !!!!

And you seem to be very nice as well .....

I once got a black eye from opening a door for a young person (she wern't no lady)to walk through ,,, have I stopped opening doors for the Fairer sex ,,,,,,,, nope I'm just ready to duck if needed ....

It's a shame when men fear to put forward off their best behavior for a lady for fear of it being taken as an insult ...

Both men and ladies miss-out on true concern and care in this manner ....

Jabez Cowboy

You are not only Pretty ,,,, but very smart as well !!!!

And you seem to be very nice as well .....

I once got a black eye from opening a door for a young person (she wern't no lady)to walk through ,,, have I stopped opening doors for the Fairer sex ,,,,,,,, nope I'm just ready to duck if needed ....

It's a shame when men fear to put forward off their best behavior for a lady for fear of it being taken as an insult ...

Both men and ladies miss-out on true concern and care in this manner ....

Jabez Cowboy

I agree that manners have changed and not for the better.

I was raised by a Southern Lady. I can still hear her voice telling me "If you expect to be treated with respect...treat others with respect"

It works most of the time.

I have learned who to stay away from.

Well thank you sir

That's because you are a gentleman.

Just realized something...

some women get bent out of shape over being called names like that.

...and if it's said in a condesending way then it would bother me too.

I know you meant it only in a very polite way soooo

thank you

After readin' this post, I had to chuckle.....and share this little "it's really true" story on CC....

I've had the pleasure meetin' CC a couple of times, but the last time was at the recent Texas State Shoot last month. Most folks I shoot with just abbreviate my alias as "Chick" since it's kinda hard to say, and a mouthful if you do say it. Well, it was the side match day and I was puttin' somethin' in my cart when one of my shootin' pards from my local club saw me, and yelled "Hey Chick!" Well, CC was standing a few yards away and turned around with the darnest look on her face! I think she thought he was talkin' to her! :lol: I think this type of instance would fit into that "condescending way" she mentioned above. :)

After she realized what was happenin', we all had a good laugh.

Chick

After readin' this post, I had to chuckle.....and share this little "it's really true" story on CC....

I've had the pleasure meetin' CC a couple of times, but the last time was at the recent Texas State Shoot last month. Most folks I shoot with just abbreviate my alias as "Chick" since it's kinda hard to say, and a mouthful if you do say it. Well, it was the side match day and I was puttin' somethin' in my cart when one of my shootin' pards from my local club saw me, and yelled "Hey Chick!" Well, CC was standing a few yards away and turned around with the darnest look on her face! I think she thought he was talkin' to her! :lol: I think this type of instance would fit into that "condescending way" she mentioned above. :)

After she realized what was happenin', we all had a good laugh.

Chick

*huge smile*

That was funny!

I was so glad he was talking to you!

Archived