SASS Wire Forum

Where does the time go.......

BJT

Some of you may remember a little blonde girl from a decade back who used to shoot with me named Sedona Sue

This week Susan became a credentailed science teacher graduating from UC Davis.

If you have little ones shooting with you, enjoy and treasure the time.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

I hear you, BJT. My oldest child, a daughter, turned 13 last October. For some reason, this birthday caused me to realize the fact that "I've only got 5 more years and she's gone." :o

I started thinking of trying to spend more time with her (and my 8 y/o son as well). I'm very guilty of work, work, work.

Then, in December of last year, I decided to go watch a shoot. My daughter says, "Hey, can I tag along?" "Sure." We started shooting together and are both hooked. Seeing us go and shoot, my 8 y/o wanted to get involved, so last month he started shooting pistols only (.22's, he's not quite strong enough to hold up a rifle or shotgun.....yet :) ).

I'm glad I "woke up." I am having more fun with my kids than should be allowed. B)

Chick

Just think, that young kid that I met a the Convention in Vegas when I was talking to Holy Terror is also about the get out of school. That was the year that ER dressed as a monk.

I know how you feel. Mine just turned 16!! Since when am I old enough to have a teenager for a child? The time sure does fly.

Yeah, mine will be 11 on the 4th...:unsure: told she is not allowed to grow up, but she ain't listening.

I am very proud though that she enjoys coming out to the shoots with me....and no, even if she can't brass rat she enjoys bein' there. Really looking forward to her shooting SASS, hope it takes and she develops a passion for it. That is her choice however it goes.

Taking her out this weekend to have her shoot the 10/22 and Mark II, her first time shooting live ammo. :D

Just seems like yesterday she was born

G (now I'm all welled up, dagnabit!) G ~ :FlagAm:

Archived