SASS Wire Forum

Anyone with a 'little' Sharps by Chiappa?

Jackson Haller

I don't but a close friend does. His has the classic chamber/bore size and requires starline brass (thinner necked which is proper) and a .380 bullet to do well. He did a little tuning on the triggers as they were rough. Admits that maybe the rifle is a little too light to do a lot of off the bench target shooting....recoil got to him. All in all its a sweet lil gun though.

Howdy,

Take a look at the Lyman Ideal Model Sharps. It has a SAAMI dimension chamber and bore to Lyman's specs and takes a standard size (.378-9) bullet. It also has a distinctive, slimmed down lock shape and bright receiver with old timey laser engraving. Not cheap, but what decent Sharps is?

Reverend Chase

to

I don't but a close friend does. His has the classic chamber/bore size and requires starline brass (thinner necked which is proper) and a .380 bullet to do well. He did a little tuning on the triggers as they were rough. Admits that maybe the rifle is a little too light to do a lot of off the bench target shooting....recoil got to him. All in all its a sweet lil gun though.

The Lyman Ideal Model is actually manufactured by Chiappa-I got to test fire one in .38-55 that I believe is pictured in Lyman's ads. I am a Chiappa employee, but with that bias in mind let me say it was a hoot to shoot! However, not being familiar with Plainsman, I can't comment on its effectiveness in that area.

Archived