SASS Wire Forum

Another great idea for us SASS guys.

A while ago Deuce Stevens and I were talking about a poncho that could be used in the rain. He thought it should be big enough to cover you up yet small enough to fit nicely in a gun cart box. At the time I thought he might be onto something.

Deuce contacted J. Hornady dry goods about the idea months ago. Well they came up with a very nice version of that great idea and after seeing it yesterday at Deuces home I said we should spray it down with a garden hose just to see it work. Well it worked great. The material is breathable to keep you cooler then a rain coat would. As a side note I have a rain slicker that I like for the rain but if it is warm out and raining, you get uncomfortably hot as the slicker doesn't breath at all.

Well I am hear to tell you that it works great and the water just beads up and runs off.

I shot video while Deuce wore the poncho. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5izh4wpFhCY

I have no steak in this I am just passing the informaton along.

Ketchum Quick

Great success, that is handy. You are a good pal Ketchum, any opportunity I have to test water proof gear on my pals I am obliged to unleash a typhoon in their face if they need it or not.

Buy Ketchum a cigar.

Is there a link to a website?

Heee Haaa Hedley.. I was awaitin for Ketchup ta spray Doots without the Poncho Just ta prove he had water comeing out ta hose :P:P

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Steak? I'm in! :lol:

Do ya have to lay on yore side like that or can you wear it standing up too?

Archived