SASS Wire Forum

Wearing championship buckels

Purly SASS # 57438

Why Not??? If I had one I'd wear it all the time!

Hell yea!! I'd carry it over my shoulder like Rick Flair :lol: , and hold it high over my head before each stage :D Course I started to use my wrestling name "Tennessee Trash" as my alias :o:lol::wacko:

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Should state championship buckels be worn at annual shoots, monthly shoots, or at clubs you have never shot at before ?

:wacko::blink:

Why would you not?????

When I was showing horses. I would wear those at other horse shows. And everywhere else I went.

Don't really understand why anyone would think that you should not.

But. If you got them. And don't want to. Then don't.

But if you want to. SURE.

If I ever win one you won't be able to get me to take it off..... :lol:

Wear mine daily. Why limit it to just shooting events... I ain't ashamed of what I do.

It is also a good way to sort of adverise for a match you liked. I wear a Dooley Gang buckle on occasion and it is so big it shades my back in hot weather. :rolleyes:

The only problem with wearing it on one of your belts is......

people can't always see it.

Wear it as a hat band!

(ps. Congrats!)

I still wear the first one I ever won on my shotgun belt.

I have won a few more buckles since then - but...

You never forget your first one and I haven't seen any reason to take it off.

Gamblers' Gal and I were both lucky enough to win State titles in WI a year apart. You better beleive it didn't take 5 minutes to remove our regular belt buckles and put on our state championship buckles. Probably be the only ones we get so we will wear them proudly.

Just a thought, if I wore mine as a hatband I'd never be able to keep the hat off my eyes, my ears aren't big enough.

I have a few and don't wear any of them. At first, I didn't want other folks to know who I was and didn't want them to get the impression that I was self-important. I figured I would let the guns do the talkin'.

Then after a while, everyone knew who I was so I felt I didn't need to advertise. Now I let my wife do the talkin'. ;)

I still wear the first one I ever won on my shotgun belt.

I have won a few more buckles since then - but...

You never forget your first one and I haven't seen any reason to take it off.

My God its gettin scary, same here! Them red glasses are startin ta worry me LOL

RRR

I have a few and don't wear any of them. At first, I didn't want other folks to know who I was and didn't want them to get the impression that I was self-important. I figured I would let the guns do the talkin'.

Then after a while, everyone knew who I was so I felt I didn't need to advertise. Now I let my wife do the talkin'. ;)

Awe hell I knew you wuz a champion the first time I saw you! No mear mortal would have had a wife as PURDY as yours an not been a champion!!!!!

RRR

I have a State Championship buckle. The only issue I would have wearing it is embarrasing my state. I easily could.

Very Best Regards,

Rod Rubert

If Ric Flair (16 TIME WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION) competed in SASS, you'd be sure he'd wear his championship buckle, provided he'd could earn one.

Be like the NATURE BOY! Strut, with style.

WOOOOOOO!

Why Not??? If I had one I'd wear it all the time!

Me too!:)

Buckels!!!!

I thought it said buckets. I was trying to figure out what a championship bucket was, and how you would wear one.

It's a buckle. It's meant to be worn.

Now if you're carrying a trophy around and waving it at people, that's another matter. :lol:

Buckle History

Awe hell I knew you wuz a champion the first time I saw you! No mear mortal would have had a wife as PURDY as yours an not been a champion!!!!!

RRR

No Ray, that was good old fashion salesmenship!! I go her to sign on the dotted line before she could think about what would happen after the warrantee ran out;).

Anyway, she still has the possiblitiy of adding to her collection buckels, while I load the ammo, clean the guns and push the cart. I have given up trying to get past you, Stan, Sidekick, Outlaw, Drifter, and now Harland (who seems to be back with a vengence).

Wild Bunch, here I come.

I am glad that is a problem I will never have. I can't even win my category at a club match if the good shooters show up.

And hell yes I would wear one.

Sometimes by wearing your buckle you are doing your pards a favor. The other day I brought one of my friends to a match. I shot as usual, but got a little better as stages developed. My friend watched, marveling at some of the good shooters. Later I asked my buddy if he noticed all the belt buckles. He said yes and let me know that he thought I had done pretty well considering the competition. Their wearing their buckles made me look passable by comparison.

Heck, I'm proud of the one I won at the Houston Horse show in the 70s, (actually my Buckskin did all the work) and still wear it proudly, even at some CAS events. Though, not a Championship Buckle, but I also wear a Jefferson County Sheriffs buckle, 1 of 200 given to the Deputies of the Department, and also Clint Walker and me.

Buckles mean, and say a lot, of a time and moment in someones life, wear em proudly. MT

Archived