SASS Wire Forum

June 9 - A Great Day

June 9 - A great day to be born.

So here is a little musical tribute for those of us that share this birthday - Flint McCloud, 'Red' Molly Daniels [my significant other], Johnny Depp, and Donald Ducks first appearance.

This other video is to my favorite moment that occured on June 9th - 1973. Secretariat wins at Belmont becoming the first horse to win the triple crown since 1948. This is John Stewarts way of immortalizing a great horse - Go Big Red.

They should have used the song in the movie.

Tull

TULL,

Thanks for posting.

June 9th is truly a great day.

It is my wifes birthday, it is our anniversay, and in 1973 for a birthday/1st anniversary present, we went to the Belmont Stakes to see if history would be made by the Big Red Secretariat by winning the Triple Crown.

He did - by 30 plus lengths. Paid 2.20 on a 2.00 ticket - which I still have.

One of the best days (besides the birth of our two sons) ever.

My only regret is that we never knew of the John Stewart tribute song until today. Not a lot of that music played in NYC in the 70's.

My wife is telling me to get off the computer so she can watch the video again and then do a search for more of the former Kingston Trio members music.

B ADDER

(who was privileged enough to watch the big horse run...........And Win!)

Two Thumbs Up

Love the kitten with the stocking cap..................

And the baby with the Rolling Block..................

Great coordinating of the characters..............

Especially at 2:19...................A grand salute to getting olde ?????????????????

LC

Thank you, Professor... and a BIG Happy Birthday to 'Red' Molly Daniels... I watched Secretariat win that one on TV... would have been great to see it live...!!!

Vaya con Dios

Archived