SASS Wire Forum

OT UN "Firearms" treaty

Sullivan John

And while you may think that your constitution overrides International Treaty law ,,,, That is not how the rest of the world sees it !!!!

So... You are speaking for Canada, and Canada speaks for the world.

Your arguments just might have a little more credibility if you first took that portrait of a foreign monarch off your money.

And who gave you your education in American law and politics, Ron Mercier? *

*Canadian comedian who used to have a bit called "Talking to Americans." It was a highly-edited and one-sided (but admittedly funny) man-on-the-street interview where he pretended to show how little the average American knows about Canada.

What he said. Look how people went into utter panic mode after the last election and you couldn’t find any ammo for a really long time based solely on fear-mongering.

This is one of things I don’t like going to gun shows for, is running into all the people who love to talk about how the UN is going to “git yer guns,” and how life in American will soon read like the script for “Red Dawn” any day now. I swear, when I hang around with large numbers of gun owners, I feel like I’ve been dropped into a South park episode. I’m reminded of what a pal of mine into the Star Trek series once told me in response to a question on why he doesn’t like going to sci-fi conventions. He said, “My problem is I can’t stand 90% of the people into the stuff I’m into!” Thankfully I get very little of this at CAS shoots (on those all-too-rare occasions I get to shoot, that is), which is why I love it so but this is why I haven’t found much enjoyment at gun shows and why I don’t hang around in gun stores much other than to make a purchase (then get out as fast as possible).

The average American who isn’t into guns thinks we’re all collectively out of our minds and are people to be feared (and not in a political sense, either). And yet, gun owners can’t understand why that is so. Go figure.

CLB:

That is an excellent post and I am sure that I am not the only one here that shares your feelings on the subject. It is like having very embarrassing family members that you just do not want to be around. People who are anti-gun (mostly people who are simply as fear-prone to the unknown as those who scream about the UN coming for our guns) really do not have to work very hard to make gun owners look silly. We have that covered in spades. :blink:

I addressed this issue in August 2010:

http://mddall.com/sbss/1008.htm

Again, just the view from my saddle...

Yup ~ 100% good Colonel!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Badlands, I'm the farthest thing from a Wire Nanny, but I think your comments to Jabez are just a bit out of line. When someone has the experience of having the boot heel of oppression on their neck it's wise to pay attention to their words. And the people who think "it can't happen here" are blind to history.

The concept of the independent nation-state is considered outmoded by some liberal & progressive thinkers. They are the globalists who think they're smarter than everybody else and everything will be all rainbows, unicorns, and kumbaya around the campfire if we all give in. The great impediment to their plans is the USA and our stubborn ideals of independence and personal liberties. And the Bill of Rights is the biggest thorn in their paw. If they could only get rid of those pesky Ten Ammendments ...

There's already been a number of threads about how it's being done. Warrantless entry, search & seizure ... clear violations of the 4th but they happen every day and the courts are complicit in allowing it under the canard of "preventing the desruction of evidence" and "officer safety". History is rife with examples of how a constitution can be circumvented under the auspices of "the public good", and even when it was obvious what was happening the feeling of "it can't happen here" was still the prevailing attitude.

Look at 1930's Germany. It started with the Civil Service Restoration Act, which effectively barred Jews from holding public positions. Then came the Nuremburg Laws which further impinged on them. Then came even more Exclusionary Laws, eventually leading to the Holocaust. Mechanics, shopkeepers, lawyers, doctors ... all good people who worked hard, paid their taxes, many of whom were honorable WWI veterans, who just wanted to be productive citizens leading normal lives. Coincident with these was the passage of the Enabling Act and the Reichstag Fire Decrees which effectively swept the German Constituion aside. And still there were those who stood by and said "it's for the public good" and "it can't happen here".

We are at a critical juncture in history, and future generations will either praise us for our courage or damn us for our cowardice depending on how we act faced with this treaty.

Badlands, I'm the farthest thing from a Wire Nanny, but I think your comments to Jabez are just a bit out of line. When someone has the experience of having the boot heel of oppression on their neck it's wise to pay attention to their words.

What "boot heel of oppression"? He's Canadian, f'r Chrisake! A paragraph later, you start talking about Nazi Germany.

Get a grip, Man.

Canada had both over 600 years of Common law and a Consitution that before it was "Nuetered" protected our rights to own and use in our defence the guns needed to insure our saftey ......

BUT LITTLE BY LITTLE THOSE RIGHTS WERE ERODED AWAY ,,,,, WHILE GUNOWNERS WERE SAYING "IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE" WE HAVE OUR RIGHTS ....

Well it did both here and in England and they tried it in Austraila as well, but with somewhat less success ...

So sit where you are and say "it can't happen here,we have our rights" to your own defeat .... Or take the fight to the Anti-es ,,,,,they are more than happy to take your rights one tiny peice at a time and if they can keep you on the defensive instead of attacking their stupid ideas ,,,,,, They win!!!

And rember the Supreme Court desission was only won by one vote !!!! If you are comfortable with leaving things to such a narrow margin ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then do it ...

Under the Last conservative government we lost by a two vote margin in repealing our Long-gun registry........

As a former "Field Officer" for the NFA (Canada's NRA) I had the chance to sit-in on a UN session on International Treaty Law ....... The UN's intent is "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT" under the UN.... (it's too bad our NFA has lost it's way) gotten soft..

And they view the USA as the cave-men standing in the way of the New Enlightened World Order ....

And in view of your present Top-Dogs stated aim to rid the USA of private gun-ownership, that is in his view a bad thing .... Makes me wonder how some think the Anti's aren't gaining ground or at least planning a new Dirty trick to steal your feedoms ...

Jabez Cowboy

Then you've got three choices: Take up what arms you have left and march on Ottowa; flee south and plead Asylum; sit on your backside and complain.

Irish Red makes a lot of sense! Tells it like it is and I like that!

Irish, thank you. :)

QDG :FlagAm:

What "boot heel of oppression"? He's Canadian, f'r Chrisake! A paragraph later, you start talking about Nazi Germany.

Get a grip, Man.

I think Jabez and I have pretty firm grip on the topic.

When rights get taken away, either incrementally by one little law at a time or in one great swipe of the governmental paw, they still get taken away.

And the result is always the same - an increasingly oppressive and intrusive government and misery for the citizenry.

Doesn't matter if it's today's Canada or 1930's Germany. Sit on a cushion of complacency in the "it can't happen here" bubble and tomorrow it's us.

Irish Red makes a lot of sense! Tells it like it is and I like that!

Irish, thank you. :)

QDG :FlagAm:

I feel that way with Colonel Dan also...

Just met IROT a coupel weeks ago...pretty cool feller.

I think Jabez and I have pretty firm grip on the topic.

When rights get taken away, either incrementally by one little law at a time or in one great swipe of the governmental paw, they still get taken away.

And the result is always the same - an increasingly oppressive and intrusive government and misery for the citizenry.

Doesn't matter if it's today's Canada or 1930's Germany. Sit on a cushion of complacency in the "it can't happen here" bubble and tomorrow it's us.

Ditto

No we have taken one other choice,,,,,, We have now elected a Majority Conservitive Government that now has the power to remove the long-gun registry..... Which they are in the process of doing at this time ....

Canadians have Now at long last said enough!!!! and have gone on the attack ....

And reversed 15 years of bad law ,,,,,,, I just hope they don't get complacent and ease up on the forward progress We are now making ..... We need to press even harder to get back our full Rights .... And bring back our Constution and strenghten it !!!

I have been leading the fight against the Anti's for many years ,,,,,, sometimes feeling rather lonely but always pushing for an awaking of our sleeping gunowners....

Even My own Father thought I was beening an allarmest when in the 70s I started to warn of what I saw comming ,,, His words "It can't happen here we have Rights" but by 1980 he was regretting his words .... And before his death three years ago he said that it had gotten even worse than I had predicted....

Jabez Cowboy

So, Democracy is alive and well in Canada. The same can be said of the United States.

But here In Canada we are faced with a long up-hill battle to reclaim Rights that should never have been allowed to be eroded in the first place .....

The Frogs sitting around saying "It can't happen here, we a Rights" while the heat increased cost us dearly !!!

It is never easy to stop the "do-good-ers" from their social reworking of things to fit "I'd like to teach the world to sing in prefect Harmony" New World Order ,,,,,,, With-out guns ..... BUT STOPPING THEM IS EASYER THAN RECLAIMING LOST GROUND AT A LATER DATE !!!!!

Oh and the above Song is one suggested by your NOW president as a great national anthem for your Country in 2008 ..... Along with a promise to remove all guns from the hands of the Citizens ....

Jabez Cowboy

So, Democracy is alive and well in Canada. The same can be said of the United States.

Are you so sure of that? When I look, I see far too many who are apathetic, and many others who follow blithely along, listening to what is promised to them, falling prey to the simplest of rhetoric. I see people opting for "Hope and Change" when they have no idea what the change is or what they should be hoping for. I am not wealthy by any stretch, but when I see the top 50% of income earners paying over 97% of income taxes, while there are shouts of "make the rich pay their fair share," to which the masses cheer enthusiastically, I ask myself where we lost our way. When I see The Fourth Amendment gutted in the name of "safety" and "progress," the Federal Government forbidding companies to move locations within the U.S. based upon the Commerce Clause, The Tenth Amendment crumpled up and thrown in the trash, among many other things, I truly wonder.

We who proclaim ourselves shooters are a minority. A large and focused minority, but a minority still. If even one Justice of the Supreme Court who is "pro-Second Amendment" retires, dies, or is forced to leave the Court, and is replaced by one who is an "anti," then all of our "Democracy" could be for naught.

I say be jealous of our liberties, do all within our power to protect them, and learn the lessons others have to teach us, including the Brits who have lost their liberties, and the Canadians who have come to the brink. Denigrating them when we share common legal and political ancestry seems a danger not worth the effort when listening and considering costs so little.

Doc Ward ;

Has brought up just some of the points of cocern,with the direction your government seems to be taking .....

O-Bam-a seems to view your constution as only a guiding framework , is disrespectful of your flag and has been with his wife to several "Flag burnings" (by his own addmission) and has publicly stated more than once he wants to dis-arm the public .......

A still there are some that say he can't possibly be up to NO GOOD !!!!

When I see a snake slithering toward my granddaughter , I either remove her from harm or shoot the snake (my first choice) Not enter into a discussion on what kind of snake it might be ,,,,,,,,, after all it could be a harmless Bull snake or a Gopher Snake ,,,,,,,, But it could also be a rattler......

By o-bam-a's markings (deeds & words) he's a Rattler,,,,,,, So watch out for you and yours ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived