SASS Wire Forum

Baa Baa Black sheep

Iron Pony

Well maybe not wool but does anyone out there need about a cubic yard of cat fur? Going to get the furminator out and give my furry little friends another going over. The way these things shed they all ought to be as bald as I am.

Got the AC going too, weather weenies are predicting mid-90s and high humidity for the next several days.

I was currying and trimming up the horses and mules today. With a couple of the mules, I got so much hair off of them that I could practically make a coat!!! It was disgusting. But, on the other hand, the mules look pretty spiffy now. :)

You think you have problems?

Try 200 pounds of German Shepherd fuzz machines. My 125 pound male blowing his coat, and the 70 pound female is about to.

That's life in the furry lane... :rolleyes:

Australian Shepherds aren't exactly shed-proof either. Add three cats, and a Jack Russell to the mix and it equals big fun. Fortunately the Border Collie pup isn't sheeding. Oh, did I mention I am allergic to cats and dogs?

Welcome to my world.... 9 wolves who shed 15-20 yards of fur EACH!! Even the Furminator is overwhelmed! Looks like the inside of a cotton mill! Sold several compressed zip top bags on ebay to people who make knitted scarves and such. No... really. Not kidding.... Seriously...!

Welcome to my world.... 9 wolves who shed 15-20 yards of fur EACH!! Even the Furminator is overwhelmed! Looks like the inside of a cotton mill! Sold several compressed zip top bags on ebay to people who make knitted scarves and such. No... really. Not kidding.... Seriously...!

You don't have to worry about burglers at all.

I have a 45 pound smooth hair Portuguese Podengo. Everything he eats turns to hair. He "blows" his coat twice a year and sheds like crazy the rest of the time.

I've used tufts of his hair to decorate a couple of knife sheaths, a fringed elk skin a rifle sleeve, a belt pouch, and a feather for every hat I own.

Another use for cat hair:

Around these parts of the world you can buy a catfish stinkbait called Punch Bait. It called that because it stinks so bad you use a stick to punch your hook into it, not your fingers. Anyhow, in addition to all the slimy stinky nasty stuff they put in the bait, they also use cat hair. It helps the whole mix to stick together and stay on your hook.

Fortunately, something in the metabolism of catfish manages to turn that stinkin' stuff into delicious, flaky, mild, pure white meat.

My sister collect hair from her dogs and spins it into yarn.

If I could make a sweater out of my Maine Coons fur I'd probably be set for any winter weather up here but orange isnt my color.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.539411284045.2042009.74401587#!/photo.php?fbid=539442855775&set=a.539411284045.2042009.74401587&type=1&theater

Archived