SASS Wire Forum

Black Powder Shotgun Loads

Daybreaker

For you that load Black Powder Shotgun rounds using glitter for a filler. What color shows up the best? Want to add some for July 4th.

Thanks in advance,

Daybreaker

I cut back on the powder and up one size on the shot cup to(1 oz) and add gold, silver, in the shot or even red chauk line dust,but watch out for the wind in any case

Add to the shot ---- don't contaminate the powder

Second thought, with my luck I better leave all this out of the shot. Don't want no Glitter blowing back in someones eye's even though they are wearing glasses. Don't want no stains on the pards clothes.

Thanks for the replies,

Daybreaker

Take it from my 40 year construction experience...that RED CHALK will NOT come out of clothing. It's known in the industry as Concrete Stain.

Trust me on this.

If you are doing a night shoot, steel wool makes some really nice sparks. We used to use it in Civil War field cannons and it will light up the night. Load it as a wad between the shot and powder.

I was at a match a couple of weeks ago with a lady who shot pink feathers. I was timing her and for a minute there I thought she had accidently hit a stray flamingo. :lol:

That was Querida Kate.....

That was Querida Kate.....

and a fine shooter and nice Lady she is! She was shooting them at CAC 2010. One of my favorite female type shooters.

I was on a posse that someone shot some glitter loads with a strong breeze in her face. Glitter on her, glitter on the TO, glitter on spotters, glitter on watchers, glitter everywhere and some unhappy campers too. Discretion and a better wind direction is needed. Hers was gold colored, and it showed well.

I like the Brass shotgun shells for when I load glitter or chalk (that I have never had a problem getting it off my hands or out of my clothes) and red, white and blue you can get more in the brass shells

Archived