SASS Wire Forum

Kids

Subdeacon Joe

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick, so he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper.

'Hello? '

'Is your daddy home?'

'Yes, he's out in the garden,' whispered the small voice.

'May I talk with him?'

The child whispered, ' No.'

So the boss asked, 'Well, is your Mommy there?'

'Yes, she's out in the garden too.'

And the boss asked, 'May I talk with her?'

Again the small voice whispered, ' No.'

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

'Yes,' whispered the child, 'a policeman…'

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

'No, he's busy,' whispered the child.

'Busy doing what?'

'Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the police dog men.'

Growing more worried, as he heard a loud noise in the background, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

'It's a helicopter,' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.

'The search team just landed a helicopter.'

'A search team?' said the boss. 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle... 'ME '

I don't know if I should laugh or not, Joe.

When my kids were small, they went three doors down to play in the back yard of a little friend. My wife and myself were both busy with task around the house that day. I asking my wife if she had seen the kids, and she said no. So I walked down the street to the house. My oldest was there and I ask where her sister was. She didn't know. I started looking and asking neighbors. In about five minutes we had the whole neighborhood looking for her. There had been issues with little girls in the area. I was just about at my wits end. I happened to go into the house for some reason and walked by her bedroom. There she was innocently taking a nap.

I do not recall ever feeling more relief than at that moment. I wanted to laught and cry all at the same time.

:lol:

true but they are real quiet when I put em underwater! :lol:

[swim teacher 50 yrs and still at it]

I don't know if I should laugh or not, Joe.

When my kids were small, they went three doors down to play in the back yard of a little friend. My wife and myself were both busy with task around the house that day. I asking my wife if she had seen the kids, and she said no. So I walked down the street to the house. My oldest was there and I ask where her sister was. She didn't know. I started looking and asking neighbors. In about five minutes we had the whole neighborhood looking for her. There had been issues with little girls in the area. I was just about at my wits end. I happened to go into the house for some reason and walked by her bedroom. There she was innocently taking a nap.

I do not recall ever feeling more relief than at that moment. I wanted to laught and cry all at the same time.

Yeah, I hear ya. Had a time or two like that myself. No problems in the neighborhood, but still was worrysome. Until we figured out that they ALWAYS went down to the creek to look for critters.

The difference is that in real life the kids weren't hiding and making a game of it, they were just being typical thoughtless kids.

after 8 hours in the sun and pool it sure feels like it! :lol:

thanx Joe---that avatar was taken last October at saloon at Gunfight at the Jersey Lil. I began helping mom teach her swimmers at age 10 when I was already an accomplished swimmer, and getting on swim team. I will be 60 on the 26th. :o

hi Meggie---lucky you...I would give anything to hear those words. funny how time changes things.

:lol:

true but they are real quiet when I put em underwater! :lol:

[swim teacher 50 yrs and still at it]

Interesting, my youngest girl was a club swimmer...As the years went on I think I made more morning work outs then she did...Five days a week and Saturdays plus tow or three morning...Oh I do remember swim meets...Heats in the morning and come back at that evening for finals...

Texas Lizard

Archived