SASS Wire Forum

Camping at EOT

I have attended several EOTs in the past, but I have never camped right on the range. This year we are bringing the travel trailer, and I was wondering if there were any special issues I should be aware of.

Am I right in understanding that there will be water trucks and sewer trucks available for service?

Are there recognized generator hours?

Do we have assigned spaces or is it first-come, first served?

How late can we stay on Sunday after the awards ceremony?

Anything else I should be aware of? Best place to hang out after hours? Best place to bum off of good cooking? (I can't cook myself but I can bring lots of wine.)

Am I right in understanding that there will be water trucks and sewer trucks available for service?

Yep, you can buy a service ticket to have clean water delivered and waste pumped at the SASS Mercantile. Usually will happen the same day, if you order it early. They give you a card to attach to your trailer. The service guy USUALLY will spot your card and do the service. :unsure: Sometimes not. :angry:

About 6 AM to 10:30 PM. You will get a sheet in your shooters packet that describes the general rules of camping. Like, no gray water discharge, pick up after your pets, etc. As dry as the weather is now at Founders Ranch, no campfires or charcoal grills may be the rule of the week - just gas fired.

Only Founders Club members have reserved spaces in the first three rows closest to town. Rest is first-come, first-served. I plan to pull mine in on Friday or Saturday (17 or 18).

No one will probably even notice you are still there till about Tuesday. Never heard of anyone feeling rushed to leave. Though almost everyone pulls out by 10 AM Monday.

Anything else I should be aware of? Best place to hang out after hours? Best place to bum off of good cooking? (I can't cook myself but I can bring lots of wine.)

After 5 PM, there is almost always some entertainment down in town. Meaning the old west town/tent array right on Founders Ranch.

Bring a quiet generator if at all possible. Hondas and Yamahas, not Harbor Freight construction site jobs, are very well received. Bring 10 gallons of gas for it, or be ready to make a run to a gas station - nearest is 6 miles north. No showers or running water available on the Ranch, so it really is a dry camp situation.

Shade is non-existent, so you need an awning or canopy. Strong wind comes up VERY fast, so store your awning or canopy if you don't want it ripped up while you are half a mile down the hill shooting the match.

Burn off calories? Are you kidding? Push your gun cart up and down the hill a few times, that'll do it! :lol: There is a shuttle wagon that you catch for moving you and your cart. Most folks use it.

If you have a sporting clays interest, bring a shotgun and ammo. Although I have not seen it listed as a side match, there is probably a strong chance to get to shoot a few rounds at the new 5-stand layout on the Ranch.

Good luck, GJ

I have attended several EOTs in the past, but I have never camped right on the range. This year we are bringing the travel trailer, and I was wondering if there were any special issues I should be aware of.

DHD, we're staying at the Hidden Valley RV Park. It's located on the service road just west of Moriarty. It's about 15-18 minutes from the range. Really a nice place for about $20 a day.

Ghost

Thanks Joe; Thanks Ghost. I think I got all my questions answered by Garrison Joe's informative post. Ghost--I had reservations at the Hidden Valley park--we stayed there last year when we brought the big RV and really enjoyed it--but this year I am getting right down on the range for the full bore EOT experience. Plus I don't have to drive home after Captain Baylor and the Redhead's margaritas and I can sleep later. See you there!

Just a heads up if you get the water truck to fill your tank. You pay a flat rate but unless you are there watching there is no guarantee you will get a full tank.

Dragon man, Have a great time! Being on the range is the best! Hope you shoot the best match ever!

Cheers,

Oklahoma Dee

Archived