SASS Wire Forum

Ruger

Guns and Ammo July issue has a story that shows, people still care, even if your a big business and manufacturer like Ruger. The story is on the Editorial page, about a 76 year old grandma and her stainless steel .22 Single-Six, which she received from her late husband in 1986 as a Christmas gift. She loved that pistol and carrted it on her side till she lost it in the backwoods of Maine. She spent hours looking for it, and was heart broken. Her sons found it with a metal detector, 8 years later. The grips were rotted, rust around some parts. After contacting Ruger,and relating the story,Ruger said to send it in. Gun was returned in pristine condition. The kicker is that Ruger did not charge a dime for the work, nor parts needed to repair.

This story shows, no matter how big you are, Ruger has a heart and believe in their product, and those who purchase them. MT

Not many businesses would do that. Talk about pride in their products and respect for their customers. Way to go Ruger.

Excellent PR too. For the cost of some parts and a few days labor Ruger gets millions of dollars worth of great advertizing and good will.

I'm not saying that it should be any other way, mind. Good customer service is good for business.

Well, I have a S & W story. My ex has a Model 422 that went through a house fire when we were married. I live a couple hours from the factory in Houlton, Maine and drove up there one day with it to have it checked out. Grips charred and not sure about integrity of the metal. Not only did they repair it no charge, but got a factory tour and got to watch while it was being repaired

HH

Excellent PR too. For the cost of some parts and a few days labor Ruger gets millions of dollars worth of great advertizing and good will.

I'm not saying that it should be any other way, mind. Good customer service is good for business.

Correct - it shouldn't be any other way.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, I have a S & W story. My ex has a Model 422 that went through a house fire when we were married. I live a couple hours from the factory in Houlton, Maine and drove up there one day with it to have it checked out. Grips charred and not sure about integrity of the metal. Not only did they repair it no charge, but got a factory tour and got to watch while it was being repaired

HH

Not bad...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I love all my Rugers and always need more. Right now especially that new Flat-top stainless 5.5" Blackhawk 45C/45ACP from Lipsey's.

It's stories like this that buoy my faith in Ruger. For awhile there after Big Bill rode over the ridge, I was afraid the bean-counters were going to ruin the company. Still mad they took the "S" out of the inter-twined SR on the phoenix. Ole Bill woulda never allowed that.

Howdy,

I met a fella who just sent in a ruger 3screw to see if it could be repaired.

It had been stolen and abused and was found outside weathered and pitted.

Ruger is keepin the gun and is giving him a list of replacement guns to pick from.

I told him if it was me, Id ask fer half price on a set of sass revolvers.....

but thats just me.

Best

CR

Marshal

I have had great service from Ruger on my guns, without charge and promptly--couldn't be happier. BTW, I look forward to seeing and shooting with you at Doc Holliday's Annual this weekend.

Cassalong Hopidy

Archived