SASS Wire Forum

Drop my Guns

Aunt Jen

My ma always told me to stay out of saloons, and I know she's right. I don't drink or cuss (on Sundays), so it's really not the place for me.

But tonight, I go in, anyway, because it was a long day, and that room over the General Store is way too lonely since the clerk moved on to Silverado.

So I'm in the Saloon, talking with you guys—a right nice group of guys, also, except for this one: Badger something? I can't quite remember. :blush: And I get into a spinning competition with a couple of you, all in good fun.

The young one, full of juice with these two, ivory-handled guns, spins 'em real pretty and better than I'm likely to, but I give it a try. So I whip both of mine out and do my best.

I get 'em around a couple of times, but on trying to spin 'em right into my holsters, both of them fall off my finger and hit the floor.

You are kind. It's good natured humor.

So I confess to you: the reason I dropped them, probably the reason I always drop 'em, is because I don't really practice spinning. Ever. And that's because I keep 'em locked up in a safe, and I don't want to have to go get 'em out all the time. I'm thinking that if I have some fake guns, of similar weight/size, I could leave 'em out (as it's not required to keep them locked up), and then I could practice whenever the mood struck.

Do any of you know where I can find some good, fake colt .45s or something like that?

Aunt Jen

Let me know how ya like 'em. I just did a quick google for 'replica colt 45 full size' though I would have done better if I'd added 'peacemaker' and Amazon was at the top of the list.

Sorry I was so short earlier, my dinner wasn't setting well, all better now.

IIRC you have Rugers, are they the original 'old' model or the new model? If new, those should be pretty much the same size, if you have the 'old' then the replicas will be a little smaller from what I understand.

I hope all is well with you tonight!

Grizz

Let me know how ya like 'em. I just did a quick google for 'replica colt 45 full size' though I would have done better if I'd added 'peacemaker' and Amazon was at the top of the list.

Sorry I was so short earlier, my dinner wasn't setting well, all better now.

IIRC you have Rugers, are they the original 'old' model or the new model? If new, those should be pretty much the same size, if you have the 'old' then the replicas will be a little smaller from what I understand.

I hope all is well with you tonight!

Grizz

All's well, tonight, Griz.

--Painless is still hanging in great. Today I took him to Disneyland again, because I can usually get a smile out of him. He can't make himself do hardly anything voluntarily, but if I get enough happy things happening, then he smiles because it's in him. We listened to the musicians play in the street, rode the Mark Twain river boat, ate at the Blue Lagoon, etc. I'm thankful for all miracles, and I did get some great smiles. :D

--I'll let you know on the replicas. Here in CA, you can't leave real guns out. But these, I'll hang by the back door with a sign over them that says, "Fakes: Don't Steal." And I can practice with them easily. And they're atmosphere. Those who may not like it— Well, maybe they will just have to complain. I'll tell 'em I'm SASS, which, to me, explains the whole thing. Or I'll tell 'em 'm from Dodge City, and, to me, that also explains the whole thing. :)

--I do not have a sour stomach. Likely, it's because you didn't invite me over! :lol: That'll teach you. Though I think I did eat a little too much, over here.

Thanks for the replica input.

Aunt Jen

Just a matter of I ate too much. I made chicken with onions, yellow squash, zuchini squash, green peppers, and one diced japalino, served over rice. It was great and I really didn't need that second helping I ate.

A smile from a loved one is one of life's greatest treasures, I glad you got to enjoy some today.

Grizz

Just a matter of I ate too much. I made chicken with onions, yellow squash, zuchini squash, green peppers, and one diced japalino, served over rice. It was great and I really didn't need that second helping I ate.

A smile from a loved one is one of life's greatest treasures, I glad you got to enjoy some today.

Grizz

Thanks. :wub:

Aunt Jen

I was told

"If you're going to learn to spin your guns, just put them in the driveway and back over them a few times and save yourself the trouble."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That wouldn't be as much fun.

And I'm sure I won't learn to do it well. I'll be glad if I don't drop them on my foot.

Aunt Jen

Shore wish I had a video or pics to back dis story up.........still hard to beleive and I did it !!!

The last yearly match last year. I was da last shooter of da day. Pulled my c&b Confederate Navies in 44 cal, using "Holy Black , of course. Make a long story short, da last shot was from my hip, never hit anythin' from da hip....but I hit da target, spun da empty pistol round on my finger and slide it into my croos-draw holister !!

My jaw hit da ground !!!! Should have had a MDQ over dat !!

I know I'll never be able to spin a fake gun like dat again !!! :lol:

Archived