SASS Wire Forum

Do you have your own Saloon at home?

Doc Windshadow

I was reading the thread one names for Cascade's new watering hole and saw a few of you posted links to photos of your own efforts and I thought a thread dedicated to just that would be fun

So if you think so too lets share:

This is my Place photos taken last Christmas Eve http://gallery.me.com/windshadow#100144&bgcolor=black&view=grid The badly weathered sign over the fireplace one of the men in my Dads outfit in Normandy made for him just after the war and it reads"

Larry Lee

Prop.

(a large bowl of artillery punch is painted in this position)

Entertainment

for all

Sons of

Liberty

Some of the decorations not seen in the photos above are these maps of his route in combat in WW II seen here http://gallery.me.com/windshadow#100054&bgcolor=black&view=grid the flag is of the unit he was in command of on D-Day on Omaha Beach.

and these are some snaps of it under construction http://gallery.me.com/windshadow#100046&bgcolor=black&view=grid the bar itself was a kit I bought on line the photo above of the flag at http://gallery.me.com/windshadow#100054/P1000261&bgcolor=black shows the handles of a pair of working antique(1920s vintage) Beer Engines from England; there is a micro brewery that will supply me a nice small barrel of IPA ale for when I have larger parties

In Honor of my Dad it is Named "The Captain's T.O.T." (for Time On Target) :FlagAm:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Do you have your own Saloon at home?

Naw... but some folks 'round here 'cuse me of havin' a home at my saloon.

ts

Always wanted a bar in the basement.

But I've never had a basement. :(

Linky no worky. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I am embarrassed to say I used the links to the editing version of the photos and not the public version it should be fixed I Hope one day to learn how to use this new fangled computer thingamajig

Cheers

Windy

Got your PM this AM but didn't have time to open the SASS Wire Saloon (ACS).

Now that I'm here at wo*& the sites are blocked by the net nannies. I'll have to wait until I get home this afternoon to take a look at them. :angry:

I was reading the thread one names for Cascade's new watering hole and saw a few of you posted links to photos of your own efforts and I thought a thread dedicated to just that would be fun

So if you think so too lets share:

This is my Place photos taken last Christmas Eve http://gallery.me.co...black&view=grid The badly weathered sign over the fireplace one of the men in my Dads outfit in Normandy made for him just after the war and it reads"

Larry Lee

Prop.

(a large bowl of artillery punch is painted in this position)

Entertainment

for all

Sons of

Liberty

Some of the decorations not seen in the photos above are these maps of his route in combat in WW II seen here http://gallery.me.co...black&view=grid the flag is of the unit he was in command of on D-Day on Omaha Beach.

and these are some snaps of it under construction http://gallery.me.co...black&view=grid the bar itself was a kit I bought on line the photo above of the flag at http://gallery.me.co...1&bgcolor=black shows the handles of a pair of working antique(1920s vintage) Beer Engines from England; there is a micro brewery that will supply me a nice small barrel of IPA ale for when I have larger parties

In Honor of my Dad it is Named "The Captain's T.O.T." (for Time On Target) :FlagAm:

I was in awe over the red striped candles and the tree.. what was I looking at again? lol.. I love dark wood,.. and I don't have a bar... so I guess I will have to dream.....

When I retire I want a log cabin with a huge workshop.. and a tin roof so I can hear the rain. In my cabin will be a huge fireplace and in this grateroom will be a huge area to entertain. The bar will be there, so will a poker table, and any sort of entertainment I happen to want my guest to enjoy. I am not a living room/ family room kinda girl. I like smaller and I like cozy and I like my living area to be my fun area and that fun includes my friends. Right now I live in an apt. so I don't entertain much. Cuz I like to BBQ and and have my party inside and outside all at the same time. If i have to put a board over a poker table at night so I can eat on it so be it.. it stays the dining table goes. I like function, fun, and easy .. So, my bar would be my house I guess... in dark wood.. lol

Thanks DV, I like the sound of your dream place!,

The dark wood is Mahogany in the bar from the Philippines I think .

the Wainscoting is a bit of a long story the construction photos from 2005 show a plasterboard product that was Faux painted to match the bar by a very talented local artist and unless you were fold or tapped them you would never know that they were fake. in the winter of 2007 I had a pipe that fed the outside hose piont behind the tree freeze (do not ever leave a hose connected to a freeze free hose pipe for the winter! :wacko: ) and it wrecked about 1/2 of all the raised paneling and the insurance company found that the special raised panel Sheet rock product had become a special Order Item and a whole lift of it would be needed for the 8 sheets needed for the repair and the artist said that she would be able to match the undamaged section and would need to re paint the whole to match it the cost would have been about 8 grand which the insurance (Chubb) was happy to pay but special order plaster board would be 6 months wait,,, so I asked a local wood worker what it would cost to do it in real Mahogany.... he found wide boards that had been ordered for a fancy yacht project that were rejected due to tiny worm holes and did it all for real for under $5,000, I got a lovely letter from the Insurance company thanking me for the savings I bought this place in 04 as a project house with great bones when I retired to Maine Another time I will send you a link to the before and after major renovation photos (the keeping room is I think what your Dream Great Room sounds like. :) )

Cheers

Windy

PS: I do honor the spirit of what it says on the sign :D

Entertainment

for all

Sons of

Liberty

PPS: The candy Cane Candles were a gift from some of the folks doing the tree trimming I do not know where they got them the pub is designed to be lit just with candles about 20 of them are burning in the blash photos makes it a very cozy place indeed.

Very, very nice, Doc. It looks like a real place to enjoy. And yer even serving my Favorite stateside beer...Newcastle Brown Ale...yuuuummmmy.

I almost got one very similar to yours but I was unsure if it would fit in my basement once I get it finished. I very much like that style of bar. When I get home and get the contractors in to finish the basement, I'll have to post some pictures and share them.

Prost!

Charlie

Very, very nice, Doc. It looks like a real place to enjoy. And yer even serving my Favorite stateside beer...Newcastle Brown Ale...yuuuummmmy.

I almost got one very similar to yours but I was unsure if it would fit in my basement once I get it finished. I very much like that style of bar. When I get home and get the contractors in to finish the basement, I'll have to post some pictures and share them.

Prost!

Charlie

I look forward to seeing the photos Charlie, you can see from the construction photos these kits are not perfect but even considering the fitting and repair work they are about 1/3 the cost of having a bar just like it made from scratch by a local craftsman... but if you consider them a kit of parts that said local craftsman can use as a starting point they are aces the guy that did mine now offers a sort of package deal where he is buy ing the kit of parts and providing the full finished product and as a result he still has work as folks can afford it this way... Cheers Windy

I started on this project a while ago, and one day may just git r done!

I have a pair of large wine barrels that will make up the bar, a bit of electricity (gotta have music) and wood to the walls and whalla!!!

Just need to get off the ol hind quarters and get a day off or three! LOL!

But hopefully soon! The Apple Pie will be a flowin!

Curleys Whiskey Bar

Well this here is my whiskey bar. (altho I do keep some good tequila on the bottom shelf for my "South o the border" family members.

I have a cool sterling silver tray down there with an assortment of old shot glasses to pass around when we have a "tasting".

It serves the purpose..

curley

Yay I can see em. Most impressive.

I hope you don't serve Artillery Punch to anyone though. I suspect it's illegal in a number of states. :lol:

Archived