SASS Wire Forum

Rule Clarification

Folks, I need your wisdom on this one! Please point me in the right

direction. QUESTION: Is it or is it not "OK" to load from your suspenders? :wacko:

Shoot 10 then load 3 off your person. :blush:

Appreciate all or he.

QDG :FlagAm:

I'm still pondering:

No ammunition may be carried in the mouth, ears, nose,

cleavage, or any other bodily orifice.

and wondering who carried what where, how they accessed it, and why they did it.

(of course, without a rule saying that you have to wear pants, it does become easier to access those 'other bodily orifices.' :blink: )

..... no ....

...... page 11 of the Shooters Handbook ...

Howdy Jack, thanks for the reference, but I've read it many times

and find nothing to help clarify my question, but appreciate you

taking the time to answer!

Thank you

QDG

Hey QDG,

That is an excellent and often confused question as there was an ad in the Chronicle for several issues right below Tex's editorial that showed them among other SASS acoutrements. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie Mo

So, Allie would you say it legal? Or illegal to load from your suspenders???

Who would know the answer to my $64,000 question?

I don't know if I can stand the suspense much longer :huh::wacko::blink:

Help!

QDG

Hi QDG,

I've heard this one answered before as a "no." We even discussed the ad I saw under Tex's editorial. :rolleyes:

Here's the relevant stuff Wallaby referred to.

"

• Ammunition required for reloads during the course of any stage must be carried on the shooter’s person in a bandoleer, cartridge/shotshell belt loop, pouch, holster, or pocket or be safely staged as required by stage instructions. ...

• Bandoleers, cartridge belts, and pouches must be of traditional design (e.g., bandoleers must be loose and not secured in any way to prevent movement). Modern drop pouches, combat style shotgun loops, wrist or forearm bandoleers, and such are not allowed. Pouches shall have a flap and must carry their contents loose, with no special provisions to organize the contents for rapid retrieval. Leather belt slide ammo loops are acceptable; however, shotgun shell slides may not be worn over shotgun loops on an ammo belt. Shotgun loops must be in a single row.

..."

Bullet one above (I've deleted the irrelevant bullets) does not list suspenders.

Bullet two mentions "and such are not allowed." I think a suspender would be an "and such."

Shotgun loops must be in a single row. A suspender is a column.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I don't know why this was posted in the Saloon (ACS)...but, since I happened to be passin' by...

The rules on page 11 of the SHB list the acceptable methods of carrying ammo for stage reloads.

Suspenders are NOT on the list (neither is carrying a round in a hat band or a button hole).

All items advertised for sale in the CC are not necessarily "SASS legal" for competition.

...and I'm beginning to worry a bit about SDJ's obsession with the lack of a "pants required" rule.

PWB

Howdy Jack, thanks for the reference, but I've read it many times

and find nothing to help clarify my question, but appreciate you

taking the time to answer!

Thank you

QDG

I feel that this may now have been clarified.

I don't know why this was posted in the Saloon (ACS)...but, since I happened to be passin' by...

PWB

Because usually we can have a reasonable discussion in here without people getting homicidal. :lol:

...and I'm beginning to worry a bit about SDJ's obsession with the lack of a "pants required" rule.

PWB

..... I, too, find this point disturbing ...... :mellow:

Just providing a service for those who seem to not want to wear anything that isn't spelled out in the rules as required attire. I mean, there might be some people of the Open Air and Fresh Air schools of thought, maybe from the Battle Creek Sanitarium. Wouldn't want them to feel discriminated against. ;)

Well... in his defense (not that he needs it), I was with PWB until about 2000 hours last night, and people kept asking him rule questions and clarifications while we were at a Cowboy BBQ... It's what he does, but a pard gets a night off every now and again... :lol::lol::lol:

Vaya con Dios

Very interesting, leaves me wondering about the bullet loops that are on some holsters I have seen...

Howdy GD,

You can quit wonderin'...just read the cited reference slooowly...you'll soon discover the answer.

;)

I don't want to be 86'd...so will refrain from quotin' "chapter & verse" here in the Saloon (ACS).

:ph34r:

Howdy GD,

You can quit wonderin'...just read the cited reference slooowly...you'll soon discover the answer.

;)

I don't want to be 86'd...so will refrain from quotin' "chapter & verse" here in the Saloon (ACS).

Hey PWB,

I've got your back ;) Not that you need it here.

:wub:

AM

PS Playing hookey? Hope you are not sick. I was hoping to see you next week. Unlike the folks at the party last night, I will not talk shop. :rolleyes::unsure: Well, I will try very hard! ;)

Hey PWB,

I've got your back ;) Not that you need it here.

:wub:

AM

THNX! :wub:

PS Playing hookey? Hope you are not sick. I was hoping to see you next week. Unlike the folks at the party last night, I will not talk shop. :rolleyes::unsure: Well, I will try very hard! ;)

Nope...@ w**k...gotta go before the boss notices that I'm on here.

:o

See ya soon!

Very interesting, leaves me wondering about the bullet loops that are on some holsters I have seen...

Howdy GD,

;)

Hot diggity, I guess I done read it too fast and glazed over "or holster"

Want to thank all for your answers to my question.

I've never been good at reading between the lines,

or reading minds. I guess on the holster is

OK as they run vertical. Well, the slower I read

the bullets the more confused I get. Anyone interested

in leather suspenders with bullet loops? :D

Happy trails and again thank you!

QDG :FlagAm:

A course pants is required! Hence the orafice rule!!! :blink:

Lordy, does that conjure up images both very wrong and very disturbing.............:blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

Archived