SASS Wire Forum

My Cart Trade Went Through

Smithy

Though now out of business due to the passing of its founder, my old cart (The Little Sky 4 Gun Cart from Cartwright Gun Carts) had served me well. It was made of sturdy birch 5 ply plywood. Cut in such a fashion as to allow it to be pieced together and clipped secure kind of like a puzzle and then after the shoot broke down in the same fashion and stored in its own nylon carry case. It was for a time working out perfect for me. Some companies like UniqueTek have bought out existing inventory and rights to the design and are currently selling the Little Sky now. http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1295

The problem I was starting to have was due to age and strength due to diabetes complications. I was just getting to weak to lug around the disassembled cart, before and after the shoot. That and I found myself "filling to capacity" with existing cart space. In other words if there was available cart space left I would put something in it whether needed or not. It was adding to the weight and to my burden.

In comes Buck to save the day. He just wanted to buy the cart from me, but at that time I had seen a lightweight metal cart called a Hooligan http://www.buffalobradyleather.com/otherGoods_Carts.shtml It also was a 4 gun cart but even with the optional saddle bags it held way less. We then came up with a deal. Buck buys me a Hooligan and he gets my Little Sky!

Buck then made contact with a fine gent at Artistic Blades who promptly sent me out my Hooligan and Buck personally came to the house to get the 50 cent demo on how to put the cart together. We couldn't be happier. The Hooligan is so light weight and with the saddle bags will hold just what I "need" and not want to carry. Two thumb screws, the ammo box comes out and the uprights fold down with two additional pins removed and the pull handle comes out and it's the size of a suitcase. And I might add, one that I can lift. So my moral of the story here is; Don't feel stuck with any one piece of equipment, because there just might be a pard that can use it and you can get the gear that better suits your needs. Smithy.

Archived