SASS Wire Forum

I went to a gun show today

Trigger Mike

The one I went to is usually not as big as the others around town but is usually crowded. It was at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds. Usually there is a line to get in. This time there were only 4 folks in front of me. I took a WW2 98K rifle in with me to sell and had a National Postal Meter M1 Carbine in the car to bring in if it looked like a good show. I saw very few folks there, only saw one come out with a pistol and saw mostly army surplus instead of guns. I had a nibble on my 98K but he wanted to pay me 260 for it, I told him I had to have 300, so he balked, never mind that he was going to sell it for over 350. Georgia Arms sells ammo and a few months ago the line surrounded their tables 3 deep all around. You could not get to the bullets, today there was hardly anyone stopping by to buy. I bought a few slings I needed and a military compass and a P-51 can opener and some ammo from Georgia Arms(they are great folks). No one wanted to barter, they just wanted cash. All seemed real concerned about the economy. Several said gun sales and ammo sales were down.

I even went to get a haircut today and the barber was sitting in the chair with no customer to cut and the barber shop down the way was the same way. I remember a Saturday was their busy day.

Dont know bout there but here its already hittin 100 degrees here & its the 4th of June?

Mabe its just too hot for folks to get out?

it's the mid 90s here. I made sure to get a good ole army high and tight haircut today because of the heat.

If you want to sell your 98, what kind of markings, all matching, condition of bore. Also does stock have markings? What are you asking for the carbine? Condition? MT

Ther ya go- I smell a deal brewin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER too hot fer that!

If you want to sell your 98, what kind of markings, all matching, condition of bore. Also does stock have markings? What are you asking for the carbine? Condition? MT

It is a Russian Capture bnz (Steyer) 1943 swastikas have been pinged. brg on butt plate and code as well. non matching numbers though number on stock matches number on receiver. has sling that probably came from a Yugo Mauser. If I shipped it itwould be $34o. barrell is well grooved and has some shine to it, and if I scrubbed it good would probably shine a lot. It is an accurate rifle. I hunted with it and hit a deer, though the deer did get away as I got excited and did not wait for it to get closer. Groups good on paper.

If I had taken the carbine in I would have asked 600 for it. It has a 1-44 Underwood barrell. I have pics of the 98k, but not the carbine though I can take some

Went to a gun show here in Marietta today. I could buy all manner of just about any caliber, guns, ammo. I could buy a .308 rifle and ammo, but I can't bring a carry in the place? Is it just me, or does that not make any sense at all?

Went to a gun show here in Marietta today. I could buy all manner of just about any caliber, guns, ammo. I could buy a .308 rifle and ammo, but I can't bring a carry in the place? Is it just me, or does that not make any sense at all?

how was the Marietta show? Was it crowded? were there a lot of guns being sold? Any good deals?

how was the Marietta show? Was it crowded? were there a lot of guns being sold? Any good deals?

It was pretty crowded. There were some good deals, nice AR upper for 199.00. There was also this Colt 150 anniversary SAA, factory engraved, ivory grips, for 2800.00. I wanted that one sooooo bad. Had a few nice damascus knives too.

Archived