SASS Wire Forum

So I'm in Tombstone

Ethan Cord

Hanging out for a few days. My brother and I rode over on our Iron Ponies.

I noticed SASS decals on a number of stores but have yet to meet any SASS pards. Two of the clerks said the store owners are SASS members.

We are having fun in this historic little town!

Get yourself a can of Doc Holiday soda pop, it tastes kinda like Dr Pepper.

Fillmore

Take a look at the range at the Tombstone Livery. Its just a little north of town ,

turn west on highway 82 go about 1/2 mile and its on your left down the hill.

The range is home to the Arizona state championship as well as two sass clubs and

a mounted club.

Howdy

on the through road there is a big second hand shop about half way trough town

were we met the owner wenn we were in thombstone last year.

he is a SASS member and the owner of the range that Judge Harshly talkes about.

we were in the shop for 15 minutes before he invited us to the ranch,

sadly we didn't have the time.

Nice Town Tombstone, a lot of history there.

a lot of people warned us about "tourist trap"and that kind of stuff

but ones you look trough that, there really is a nice historic feel to the town.

greeting

Durch Bear

They also put on a really nice match in Feb. I attended the first shoot they held a couple of years ago and have been busting open to get back. You'll like the stages. The Pards are great n the food is also. Keep it in mind you'll have a good time. Haven't attended the other matches they hold during the year so my next trip will be one of the other shoots. Have a great time in Tombstone.

I'll try to locate some of the folks mentioned if we have time. Just got back from Bisbee and a trip out to pay our respects to Johnny Ringo. That was a bit of a ride! the Chiracauha mountains were on fire.

Oliver, I also shot the first annual Tombstone match. Wily Ysnkee and the other folks that run the match put on a great event!

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Damn! You're lucky guys.

Wish we were there.

We love Tombstone, Tucson and southern AZ.

Have a great stay.

Mustang Gregg

If you tell the store owner that you are a SASS member they usually give you at least a 10% discount.

We camped at The Livery(that Judge Harshly mentioned)for a month this year. Cowboy Doug and Tequila Terri own the Livery and are awesome! You always feel welcome at The Livery and we plan to be there at least a month again next year. We have shot with all the clubs that shoot there. You're guaranteed a great time with any of them. Never been to Bordertown but we have shot High Noon in February every year since it started. Great match!

There is so much fun stuff to do at Tombstone!

Stop in and see Mark at "BANDIT & BELLE'S" on Allen Street, he should have one of the new SASS Flags flying out front. Tell him Ron from Georgia sent You.

Awhhhhhh Ethan darlin, I can't get enough of Tombstone either. Wish I as there.Wylie puts on a great shoot. I like staying upstairs in the Longbranch right across the street from the Birdcage. Alot of activity at The Birdcage till all hours of the night though early morning. :unsure: I make sure I go evry time I visit the great historical town. ;)

I liked staying there in Feb 2010, a bit chilly, but plenty of warm bars to get into. I think I read that one of them burned down fairly recently.

Tombstone

Well four days was just not enough time! We logged just under 1200 miles on the Iron Ponies. I am going to print this thread out so I can try and contact folks ahead of time for our next trip to Tombstone. I did see one store flying a SASS flag on Jefferson Davis Highway (80) as we were heading over to visit Johnny Ringo unfortunately we did not get back by the store before they closed.

The best food I had in town was the brisket at Big Nose Kates, had a good Rib Eye steak at the Longhorn(?) and a decent Rib Eye at the Crystal Palace. By far the most attractive gals in town are the Saloon Girls at the Crystal Palace. Even an old married guy like me enjoys whisky better when it's served by a fine looking Saloon Girl in a Cowboy town!! My brother is single and of course he liked hanging out in the Dragoon Saloon where the wild/willing girls were. Any girls that were drunk enough to talk to me were promptly introduced to my brother. I just told them he is retired, drawing a pension (at 48), single, owns a home, lives alone and is looking for his next ex-wife!! :lol::lol:

I just told them he is retired, drawing a pension (at 48), single, owns a home, lives alone and is looking for his next ex-wife!! :lol::lol:

Sounds just like me. Cept I'm still workin, married, paying on my home for another 29 years, and there won't be another ex. :lol:

Can't wait to go back to visit Tombstone again. Is it February yet?

Boy, how did I miss all this talk about Tombstone.

Well, Howdy Girls and Boys.

Ethan, too bad it was this coming weekend that's our monthly match, glad to see you had a good time on the trip. Did you get to The Depot, now that's some good eatin'.

Gotta watch out for the women in and around Tombstone, I think they dig them up sometimes. :blink:

Wily

Boy, how did I miss all this talk about Tombstone.

Well, Howdy Girls and Boys.

Ethan, too bad it was this coming weekend that's our monthly match, glad to see you had a good time on the trip. Did you get to The Depot, now that's some good eatin'.

Gotta watch out for the women in and around Tombstone, I think they dig them up sometimes. :blink:

Wily

Evening Wily, I agree you do have to watch out for the women here in Tombstone......but DIG them up.....for me as long as they have hair, teeth and a job I am in love!!! You best be packing your next trip into town after dark those women can be awful mean after that remark!

Arizona Lightning

Archived