SASS Wire Forum

Wire Message Help

Hi Folks,

I have a question. I'm having trouble understanding the message thingy. At the far right upper part of the page, there is a drop down box that will take me to some of my notification. The new window is titled Saved Notifications. The most recent one there is from March. I do not remember doing anything special to save them. Nor do I remember deleting or archiving them.

I have received many PMs this week. :blink: When I go there I see others that are more recent than March. I've received some that I did not respond to and would like to do so. Does anyone know how to find those messages again?

Thanks,

Allie Mo

Howdy, Miss Allie. If you click on the down arrow alongside of your name up there, you'll get a drop down menu. Click on "Messenger" on that menu and it'll take you to all of your PM's, now known as Conversations. Click on the Conversation title and it'll open and you can reply to it.

Hope this helps.

Howdy, Miss Allie. If you click on the down arrow alongside of your name up there, you'll get a drop down menu. Click on "Messenger" on that menu and it'll take you to all of your PM's, now known as Conversations. Click on the Conversation title and it'll open and you can reply to it.

Hope this helps.

Charlie,

That would be a great help. However, that drop down quit working when I "upgraded" to IE9. I can only get to the top selection, "My Profile." I have, intermittantly accessed "My Content." Sigh! Might be time to "downgrade" to IE8...

Thank you so much for your post!

Regards,

Allie

Allie - I don't know if this will help or not as I don't use IE 9, go read this article it will show you how to tweak the pop up blocker settings and add sassnet.com to the list of sites that are allowed pop ups, maybe that will help, maybe not.

Grizz

Another thing you might try is viewing the forums using IE 9's Compatibility View mode

Again, I don't use IE 9, so don't know if that will help or not, just ran across it trying to find a solution for you.

As far at the notifications themselves, to me they are a bit redundant, I rack up a bunch of notifications and then just delete them all. PMs on the other hand I may keep for future reference.

Hope that helps

Grizz

All the weird stuff that goes on with IE updates is one reason I've been using Firefox for so many years...

Ha! Guess you haven't seen Jackalope Jasper's post about Firefox. :unsure:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Actually, I have, but I've never had any of the issues he's having...

Guess maybe it's one of the "Your mileage may vary" things, eh? :)

Hi Charlie,

Sure is. What software you have on your PC, differing versions, operating system, brand (Sony has a bunch of extra gobbledy gook)... can all cause the programs to not play together well.

Macs are beginning to sound better all the time.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived