SASS Wire Forum

Good news in California

Yesterday, I received notice from the State Board of Equalization that the 2009 Temporary Sales Tax Increase of 1% sunsets July 1, 2011. Make sure to recalculate, starting June 1st.

State Sales Tax of .0825% back to .0725% plus county and city additions.

---------------

Any bets that the people in government are hard at work trying to put it back permanently!

Well Cliff... the gobernador has been workin' hard for months now to rally forces in Sacramento and change that sunset to eternal sunshine. So far unsuccessfully, due to the efforts of the minorty party.

However... if he doesn't succeed - or likely even if he does - the majority party has allegedly made plans to dump enough money into next year's elections to ensure a supermajority and completely do away with any possible resistance to that party's future endeavors... even the need (or right) to debate issues. -_-

I suspect we'll be wistfully reminiscing 'bout the salad days of a paltry 1% "temporary" supplementary sales tax... :unsure:

Well Cliff... the gobernador has been workin' hard for months now to rally forces in Sacramento and change that sunset to eternal sunshine. So far unsuccessfully, due to the efforts of the minorty party.

However... if he doesn't succeed - or likely even if he does - the majority party has allegedly made plans to dump enough money into next year's elections to ensure a supermajority and completely do away with any possible resistance to that party's future endeavors... even the need (or right) to debate issues. -_-

I suspect we'll be wistfully reminiscing 'bout the salad days of a paltry 1% "temporary" supplementary sales tax... :unsure:

I keep wondering just how the majority party has so much money to spend on campaigns? Where does it come from and why is that those donors who have so much complain that I don't pay enough in taxes. Why don't they just report higher income than they actually make so they can pay higher taxes and support the programs they like? If these people really believe the government is the solution to all the world's problems, why do they want everyone else to pay for it and why don't they pay more taxes themselves?

Archived