SASS Wire Forum

Hillbilly

Daybreaker

Hello all,

I got a question. I have shot Outlaw STYLE, I know about Josey Wales STYLE and GunSharp STYLE but what is Hillbilly STYLE Shooting?

Thanks,

Daybreaker

but what is Hillbilly Shooting?

Thanks,

Daybreaker[/size]

Well....being a bonafide hillbilly from the hills of Tn :huh: it usually starts with someone from up north wandering into our neck of the woods and tellin us how they do it back home. We give em a couple a big swigs out of the mason jar and they start acting like an idiot :blink: then we shoot em :D

Or it could be that we catch you with our sister in the hay loft and you refuse to marry em :o then we shoot em :D Or you could just be a Jeff Gordon fan :huh: then we shoot em ;):D

There are many other examples of hillbilly shooting, best fishin hole.., purty girl....last pork chop...etc...etc.. :wacko:

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Well....being a bonafide hillbilly from the hills of Tn :huh: it usually starts with someone from up north wandering into our neck of the woods and tellin us how they do it back home. We give em a couple a big swigs out of the mason jar and they start acting like an idiot :blink: then we shoot em :D

Or it could be that we catch you with our sister in the hay loft and you refuse to marry em :o then we shoot em :D Or you could just be a Jeff Gordon fan :huh: then we shoot em ;):D

There are many other examples of hillbilly shooting, best fishin hole.., purty girl....last pork chop...etc...etc.. :wacko:

Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are (unless you're a Gordon fan and then it's really funny).

There is the Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation category at the Kentucky State Championship. Check out the Hooten Old Town site. Basically, it's the grandaddy of the Pale Rider category.

There are variations, most of which are costuming and require that the shooter wear bib overalls along with a 'proper' hat such as a topper or derby.

You forgot say-en disparaging remarks about a hillbilly's favorite hunt-en dog....that might get ya shot quicker then mess-en with his sister

Hey Manatee, long time no see.

You might check with Cherokee Big Dawg or Isom Kid, as the "rules" have changed. Single bbl shotgun, double action revolver, and cowboy rifle. I'm not sure if you can have two revolvers or reload one.

Coveralls, staw hat not sure of type of shoes. This was just a way to envolve more people or to give them an option at our monthly match. However, it was a category at the State Match too.

:lol: coffee all over the keyboard--thanx

how bout when that ain't yur pickup in the driveway? :o:ph34r: oops I mean front yard by the couch

Well, I guess some just got to have fun with others Post.

Big Six Henderson, so somewhere there are shooters shooting using Double action pistols? Now this might be interesting. Maybe there will be someone come up with shooting Gangster STYLE, and we can break out the Thompson Sub Machine Gun... Glad I didn't say The Thompsons. Some of you might think we were shooting the neighbors.

Thanks to all that replied responsably. The rest ....oh well..

Big Six Henderson, so somewhere there are shooters shooting using Double action pistols? Now this might be interesting. Maybe there will be someone come up with shooting Gangster STYLE, and we can break out the Thompson Sub Machine Gun... Glad I didn't say The Thompsons. Some of you might think we were shooting the neighbors.

Already done. cant wait till this catches on...looks like a lot of fun...mostly in the Colorado area

http://www.zootshooters.com/

I figured THAT picture would get peoples attention...lol

There is the Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation category at the Kentucky State Championship. Check out the Hooten Old Town site. Basically, it's the grandaddy of the Pale Rider category.

There are variations, most of which are costuming and require that the shooter wear bib overalls along with a 'proper' hat such as a topper or derby.

Just you go easy on them derbies, son. In some circles pickin' on a man's derby is grounds for gettin' yerself shot...ain't that right, Bullspit? :lol:

Yep, Cherokee Big Dawg and a few started this one.

Single bbl shotgun. I believe it can have ejectors. not sure.

Shells carried in pockets. NOT in bib pocket.

double action revolvers,

and cowboy rifle.

The revolvers are staged. No holsters.

Senario same as the cowboys.

Usually dressed in overalls

We have it at our monthly's

When I scored it at the 2010 state match, we were doing rank scoring. Since this one envolved non sass guns, we decided to score it seperate so as to not effect rank scorking.

Since that time, we have moved to total time scoring.

Just you go easy on them derbies, son. In some circles pickin' on a man's derby is grounds for gettin' yerself shot...ain't that right, Bullspit? :lol:

Who said I wuz pickin' on derbies? I've been known ta wear bibs and a derby.

spent 19 years of my life back in those n.c. mountains when you move away you tend to change especially in the military went back on leave relized how much i changed the rest of the neighbor hood stays there still the same today. but messing with that old houn dog could get you into deep kim-chee

Yep, Cherokee Big Dawg and a few started this one.

Single bbl shotgun. I believe it can have ejectors. not sure.

Shells carried in pockets. NOT in bib pocket.

double action revolvers,

and cowboy rifle.

The revolvers are staged. No holsters.

Senario same as the cowboys.

Usually dressed in overalls

We have it at our monthly's

When I scored it at the 2010 state match, we were doing rank scoring. Since this one envolved non sass guns, we decided to score it seperate so as to not effect rank scorking.

Since that time, we have moved to total time scoring.

Appalachian Alan,

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Got one question. Can you go without a shirt wearing the Bib Overalls. Getting very hot down here in Florida.

Thanks again for a respectable reply,

Daybreaker

Hey B):excl:

I already have everything needed to shoot another category. That is if an skirted overall is allowed.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Howdy Miss Allie, might be more historically accurate ifin you was bare footed :D;)

Appalachian Alan,

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Got one question. Can you go without a shirt wearing the Bib Overalls. Getting very hot down here in Florida.

Thanks again for a respectable reply,

Daybreaker

Howdy Daybreaker, shirts and shoes are not required except in the two costume categories. There is one top shooter that wears nothing but bibs and a top hat, and another top lady shooter that always shoots bare footed. Good Luck :)

Daybreaker,

where are you going to shoot Hillbilly category?

should we plan on it in Valdosta?

Big Boyd

Big Boyd,

Never know. I don't have a pair of Overalls. If I could get away with shooting a little cooler (less shirt) I might shoot more in the summer time.I'm shooting this weekend, MAYBE, then that is it for me for the summer.

Daybreaker

Hey B):excl:

I already have everything needed to shoot another category. That is if an skirted overall is allowed.

Regards,

Allie Mo

oh just put some pink ruffles on the Butt----Mo :lol:

This seems like the way we do it on the bayou.

Nah, I tried the Thompson and had 18 misses on the first stage.....90 seconds of penalty and they are still sortin out if I had a p or a pee.

KK

Archived