SASS Wire Forum

Widdermaker Hill

I've seen it all! Widder is down here shootin tha NC state match which has alot of running in it. I noticed widders purdy hat was bent upwards in tha back, so I told him so an he said it was alright and would be ok. Well on tha next stage I figgered out whut wuz a going on, see its dusty here and when he ran ye could see tha dust come up over tha hat in the rear and it looked like a race car in a wind tunnel test!!!!!!!!!! The devil had made a rear spoiler out of his hat. :unsure: An all this time I thought widder was tha pinacle of cowboy!

A little while later my friend Splinter Houser made tha comment Ray you've bent tha heck outa your hat in tha rear! :ph34r: My teachers always said I wuz easily influenced ;)

RRR

The devil had made a rear spoiler out of his hat. :unsure:

RRR

Dat's my boy :D By the time I make it to the SE Regional all the hat venders will offer this style :o And of coures I'll have to get one ;) Good Luck at the match :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

RRR,

I'm sure Widder has done extensive research on the best angle fer the ultimate results. I don't care how ya do it.....by treachery, cunning, trickery, grab the hat off his head or just ask him. Inquiring minds.....me.......just have to know that angle ;)

After all we have to keep up with the Hills

Wyatt

I gott ta shoot a few days at mule camp with

WIDDER

HE rocks man

and his hat was brand spanken new them days

I am sure it has widdermatic interior mods' too

dust in NC, is hard ta doo, its pretty green there compared ta where I live and shoot :mellow:

Weeeeeel!!

That's the same angle as an spoiler on the back of a Corvette!!!

BH

Well, its obvious that Double 'R' Ray is a Southern born NASCAR fan and knows zackly of what he speaks.

But truth be known, he was jealous of all those ladies given me more attention than him cause I was the ONLY GF on the posse and I was the ONLY one suppling the entertainment.

PLUS, next time you see Double 'R' Ray, ask him who whooped up on him goooooood at side match speed pistol AND speed SG. Yea, I know he was shooting a double and I was shootin a 97, but in this case, the 97 reigned supreme.

ALSO, ya gotta check out the thread about SASS new Poster Boy for.................... (you'll see)

..........Widder (Those NC boys/girls know how to put on a great match)

Jefro: I'm sure I'll get rich off the royalties.

MM: Yep, I got some special mods built into that hat.....hehehe

Bad Hombre: I wanted to put a high spoiler on it similiar to the old Plymouth Superbirds but wind friction kept blowing my ears back to hard.

AO: Templates for hats........now thats funny.

Rocky: I melt everytime you mention my name. You can watch me all the time. :)

..........Widder

Next thing ya know SASS will have a template for hats like NASCAR :lol:

Now there's going to be a mod committee on hats. Oh boy I can just hear it now. Carbon Fiber or aluminum, welded or rivetted, external struts, wedge adjustment or spring rubber.

Hey Widder,

Ya got a blueprint design for some rear spoilers fer a pair of holsters ? I'm lookin' fer that or maybe a little trackbar and wedge adjustment.

Well tell ya the truth darlin my hand(and other parts)quiver when I type your name! :blush:

I'm thinkin I need an areodynamic corset after reading this post.

Good luck tomorrow darlin. I'm going to take a dip in the pool and toast you and 2Ray.

Like I said wish I was there!

Congrats Widder for winning the GF category at NC State.....even though you probably used Jedi Mind Tricks. ....and also for winning Speed Shotgun and I think Speed Pistol. That Speed Shotgun with the 97 is gettin to be a regular thing. Shotgun on table w/ six targets in 5.82 seconds....wow, it appears that you are gettin a reputation for shotgun. I know you've been a practicin and it appears to be payin off. Good goin.

KK

Hugh: I'm workin on those holsters and using a wind tunnel for final testing..... :lol:

Rocky: thanks for your good (and bad) thoughts..... :wub:

Ray: thanks my friend. And congrats to you because you were the man this past weekend. Ifn you hadn't beat yeself, nobody else would have.

KK: thanks. Those SG targets were not 'give me' targets. Those good folks over on the other side of the mountain made me work for that time. It was a blast.

This match is classic all the way. From the side match setups, to the hospitality, food, vendors, door prizes, match director, stages, scenerios, berm marshalls and even posse members.

Plus, the hotels and eating places are only about 2-3 miles from the range.

For those of you who have never been to the NC State and really enjoy a 'shooter friendly' match, this fills the bill. And ifn your a seasoned GF or a beginner, you will LOVE this match also. Carolina Jack really puts together some great stages.

Best regards all and I'll see some of you down the trail soooooon!

p.s. - KK, keep practicin. Don't give up and never think some things are impossible.

..........Widder

Widder,

Congrats on 1st Gunfighter at NC St.

We know you are fast,and now that you're aerodynamic,don't forget to work on your brakes.

At Oak Ridge,next Saturday,there is a stage where you move downrange.

Harley.

Well tell ya the truth darlin my hand(and other parts)quiver when I type your name! :blush:

I'm thinkin I need an areodynamic corset after reading this post.

Good luck tomorrow darlin. I'm going to take a dip in the pool and toast you and 2Ray.

Like I said wish I was there!

Now Rocky, I'm sure there's a bunch of Cowboys that would live to see the design on that new corset!! :wub:B)

TLC: nice pix of the belt. :D

Thanks for the GREAT hospitality this past weekend. And your 'hunny' did shoot one of the best matches I've witnessed. Those little unsuspecting gremlins pop up and bite us all every now and then. Ray handled it like a true Cowboy and gentleman that he is.

Hope to see you both again soooooon.

..........Widder

Thanks for the info Harley.

I'll have to keep the 'hat flap' down for that stage..... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyhow, when facing GFer's like You, Last Kiss, Pleasant, Clancy, Slater, Keystone, and other notables, it ain't brakes that I need.....its more speed!

And don't forget about those FCGFer's like Jackalope and the Judge.

See ya Saturday at ORSA!

..........Widder

TLC: nice pix of the belt. :D

Thanks for the GREAT hospitality this past weekend. And your 'hunny' did shoot one of the best matches I've witnessed. Those little unsuspecting gremlins pop up and bite us all every now and then. Ray handled it like a true Cowboy and gentleman that he is.

Hope to see you both again soooooon.

..........Widder

I thought both of you had an excellent match! We all had a great time! We have to get you back down again next year so you can have a Bologna sandwich - man they are awesome!!! Those pesky gremlins are a PITA arent they!!??

Let us know if you are on FB - I dont get on here much - LOL!!

Take care Widder!!!

TLC:

I don't get on FB. I would be soooooo busy with small talkin with ole friends, long lost girl friends and such.....plus, I would have to deal with jealous husbands.....hehehehehe!

I plan to return to the NC State again next year. And yes, as you know, my resistance to one of those baloney sandwiches was too much to bear. The cravin overtook me and I had to have one. They were fantastic.

If I don't see you and RRR at GOA, I hope to atleast see Y'all again at the ShootOut in Oak Ridge next year.

Safe travels

..........Widder

TLC:

I don't get on FB. I would be soooooo busy with small talkin with ole friends, long lost girl friends and such.....plus, I would have to deal with jealous husbands.....hehehehehe!

I plan to return to the NC State again next year. And yes, as you know, my resistance to one of those baloney sandwiches was too much to bear. The cravin overtook me and I had to have one. They were fantastic.

If I don't see you and RRR at GOA, I hope to atleast see Y'all again at the ShootOut in Oak Ridge next year.

Safe travels

..........Widder

Yep, that baloney is addicting. See you down the trail Widder - take care!!!

Moving slightly off topic, you'll all that like bologna can enjoy it, but I hope to never have to eat it again. In a big family, before food stamps and school cafeterias, that and peanut butter were all I had to eat for lunch for all the years in grade school. To this day, they are not on my list unless it's a last resort. To all of you that enjoy it, have at it!

However, they did have a country ham and cheese sandwhitch to die for! Anything you like, they will take care of you.

Come on down for the next one!

Buffalo Slim

Congrats Widder, Ali & I love the NC State Match and really missed not being able to attend this year. That Carolina Jack knows how to write stages that are friendly to shooters in general.

We will see you this Sat at Oak Ridge before we head out to EOT ... I'm about 70% back from my back surgery in Jan so I am a tad rusty but the desire is still there. And, I am highly in favor of retirement too ... talk at ya Sat!

Hey Ziggy. Great to hear from you.

Bring that super double cocking GF speed with you this Sat and us GFer's will take on the world..... :D

It will be good to see you and Ali again.

Safe travels

..........Widder

Oh boy, I can see it now. New rule change all hats must be approved and worn on head. There Widowmaker goes putting spoilers on his and Red River Ray putting air brakes on his. What's next, shaved heads with oil to make 'em slicker??

ROC is gonna have fun with all of this. No more plastic covers when it rains, hat must be able to absorb moisture to slow ya down.

Here we go agin. I can see the TG meeting when we get to Vegas, my hat is more or less legal than yurn.

Archived