SASS Wire Forum

Manurhin PP

My neighbor gave me his .32 pistol to work on. He's never shot it and is a little rusty. It turns out to be a MANURHIN PP (licenced buy Walther when they couldn't make firearms in Germany after WW11 in the early 50's)

The distributor was VALLEY GUN DIST. INC., L.A., CA.

I can't find any info on this company. Anyone ever hear of this outfit???

TF

Don't know too much about them other than they were made in France. I bought one some 25-30 years ago back when you couldn't get a German PPK for the #$%%& gun laws. Was gonna use it for a carry gun when I got my CCL a few years ago, but it was a jam-a-matic and I didn't trust it. Sold it and bought a Glock 27. Cool little gun, but don't think the quality was as good as the German Walthers. Was my first DA auto, for a long time it gave me the willies dropping the hammer on a live round putting it on safety. Wish you better luck with yours. At least the price was right!

JHC

It looks like a nice gun (I hope that's whats under the light rust), but I'm just cleaning it for my neighbor. Unfortunatly someone in that distant past marked over WALTHER on the slide and ground off the LIC WALTHER PP that used to be on the grips :angry: All the other MANURHIN markings were left alone.

I'd never handled one before. Man, they're easy to take apart

TF

I had one and it was really nice. I wish I still had it now. sigh. Anyway, they are real finnicky with ammo. The prefer FMJ

Archived