SASS Wire Forum

Best Shot EVER with a 1911

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

WOW!!!

That rates right up there with Billy Dixon's shot, Bob Mundens baloon pop at 200 yrds with at S&W .38 snubby, and Roger Staubach's hail mary! Good shootin 'ol pard!

S.G

Bob Munden......How many takes, how much ammo did it take??? :wacko:

WOW!!!

That rates right up there with Billy Dixon's shot, Bob Mundens baloon pop at 200 yrds with at S&W .38 snubby, and Roger Staubach's hail mary! Good shootin 'ol pard!

S.G

Bob Munden......How many takes, how much ammo did it take??? :wacko:

Four shots. They had to go some place. If he didn't get the guy, the Zero driver would have come around for another pass. After all he was killing men floating down in parachutes.

If it ain't true, it should be. :FlagAm::D

Sometimes Spray and Pray works out.

I have seen alot of 1911's shot over the years and expected not to be wow-ed by this one. I was wrong.

I am sure that Sam Colt, John Moses Browning and the pistol selection board of 1911 all smiled when this occurred (use your imagination).

Most armed forces see pistols as badges of position. Only the USA (and possibly UK if you overlook the .38 Enfield) see the pistol as a viable offensive and defensive weapon.

"Bob Munden......How many takes, how much ammo did it take???"

Hey it only took me three tries to cut a card. :lol: And I don't claim to be good.

We've all done or seen incredibly lucky or good shots.

If you're the witness, you claim dumb luck.

If you're the shooter, you blow smoke off the barrel, reholster and say, "Yup, just like I planned it."

In the comments at the bottom of the link page, a skeptic says, even if the pilot was found, after the crash, he'd be too beat up/burned to ID a cause of death. Yeah, a .45 hole in the skull would be a little hard to identify. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived