SASS Wire Forum

Show me your...

Some of you know that I'm in the process of building a new 73. Ultimately the gun will be engraved by Graver Bill (Billy Bates) and hard chromed...currently planning on everything but the barrel being hard chromed. I've also considered hard chroming the entire gun. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what different combinations of hard chroming mixed with blued parts looks like and what different hard chrome finishes looks like.

SO.....show me yours please. I'm interested in seeing all guns. 73's, Marlins, pistols, etc. I want to see it if it's part blued and part hard chromed or all hard chromed. When you post, tell me about it. What's the finish, etc,?

Some of you know that I'm in the process of building a new 73. Ultimately the gun will be engraved by Graver Bill (Billy Bates) and hard chromed...currently planning on everything but the barrel being hard chromed. I've also considered hard chroming the entire gun. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what different combinations of hard chroming mixed with blued parts looks like and what different hard chrome finishes looks like.

SO.....show me yours please. I'm interested in seeing all guns. 73's, Marlins, pistols, etc. I want to see it if it's part blued and part hard chromed or all hard chromed. When you post, tell me about it. What's the finish, etc,?

I am just curious buck why hard chromed instead of just nickle ?? You do know it will have to be nickle plated before it gets chromed

Read about hard chroming here. Differences in hard chrome vs. nickel plating are covered.

I have two sets of AWA Hard Chrome Pistols

I keep my 45s as a back up

Black Chip Mary has been using her 38s for a number of years now.

In my opinion the finish is superior to any other as far as durability goes.

We both shoot black powder.

One bit of caution. If you have an existing firearm hard chromed - be sure that you get a guarantee that the firearm will function after the chroming and polishing process.

I bought my 45s just before the end of American Western Arms (Before Russel took over)

one of the cylinders was polished by a gorrila, and had to be recut - repolished and re-hard chromed.

NOw if they would only make a deep blue-black in hard chrome.

Coffee

NOw if they would only make a deep blue-black in hard chrome.

Uhhh... Isn't chrome kinda - you know, CHROME colored? :)

I have a pair of AWA Peacekeepers in hard chrome. Durable as can be, but not quite as purdy as nickel.

BTW, Coffee, how's everything out in Cali-for-ni-ay? Shot with you once last August out at Hole In The Wall Gang's match.

These were the original protypes from ASM before AWA had hard chromes.

HARD CHROME ASM SAA's

I like the Blue and chrome Tu-tone look,

Tu-tone 73

Tu-tone 73 again

Tu-tone 73 again

Tu-tone 73 again

GARY REEDER VAQUEROS

MY 32-20 ROSSI 92

But, a more suttle version can be acheived with high polish and matte hard chome, too.

TU-TONE 454 CASULL ROSSI 92's

VAQUERO & 92 MATCHED SET

Buck, another not a problem,sometimes oil wont stay on hard chrome surfaces, so hard it rolls off. The 92 I told you about, not all parts ,mainly the lever, hammmer,sear that whole area wont keep, break free,oil, synthetic, that smooth. Lee

Archived