SASS Wire Forum

How to put on a bayonet!

A video for this? Really? Good Lord.

It is my considered opinion that if you are too stupid to figure out how the bayonet goes on a rifle, you probably shouldn't have a bayonet.

Or a rifle. :rolleyes:

What's next? A video showing which end of the gun to point at the target? :wacko:

Mine just swings out from the side. Makes a nice stand if I don't want to get the stock dirty. lol Commie rifles are pretty fun and idiot proof.

A video for this? Really? Good Lord.

It is my considered opinion that if you are too stupid to figure out how the bayonet goes on a rifle, you probably shouldn't have a bayonet.

Or a rifle. :rolleyes:

What's next? A video showing which end of the gun to point at the target? :wacko:

at first I though that was you Bob

There is some pretty strange film on U tube. I believe some of these folks just like to hear their own voice.

I suppose that's it.

Not that it matters much, but he's correct in his statement that they don't always fit.

I have one that didn't fit - not even close. But an hour or so with a round file while watching Enemy at the Gates and it fits just fine. ;)

By the way... he failed to mention that the bayonet also doubles as a screwdriver. :rolleyes:

It's much more impressive when you've got a company of 100 men drawing and fixing bayonets to their 1853 Enfields.

A long gray line with a forest of steel glistening in the afternoon sun, battle flags snapping in the breeze, anxiously awaiting the order to come to right shoulder shift and step forward into glory.

hmmmmpf

Next is will be a vid on how to disengage the 91/30 safety.

:rolleyes:

This weekend -- I detail strip the Mosin and remove the 10 pounds of Commmieline.

Pray for me.

Not that it matters much, but he's correct in his statement that they don't always fit.

I have one that didn't fit - not even close. But an hour or so with a round file while watching Enemy at the Gates and it fits just fine. ;)

By the way... he failed to mention that the bayonet also doubles as a screwdriver. :rolleyes:

I actually saw another vid that shows how to make one fit with a dremel.

Ain't the interweb great? :lol:

Wish they would show some useful stuff, like opening c-rat cans with a bayonet or how to spit a chicken with a bayonet or how to turn a bayonet into a candle holder.

Just an opinion,

Shakey

Yeah. I'd like to see somebody open a c rat can with a Mosin bayonet. That would be impressive.

And probably messy. :lol:

Yeah. I'd like to see somebody open a c rat can with a Mosin bayonet. That would be impressive.

Lookin forward to your video...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

How to sear bayonet skewered chicken kabobs while shooting a black powder match.

How gauche'! Everyone knows that one skewers chicken on the ramrod, not on the bayonet.

But the REAL question is - can I wear a bayonet hanging down my back on stampede cords?

Actually Bob I found the video very informative!

I had no idea that that thumb button thingy was actually a Idon'tknowwahtchacallit!

I now feel it would be safe for me to go out and buy a bayonet and impress the dealer with my new found knowledge!

It's much more impressive when you've got a company of 100 men drawing and fixing bayonets to their 1853 Enfields.

A long gray line with a forest of steel glistening in the afternoon sun, battle flags snapping in the breeze, anxiously awaiting the order to come to right shoulder shift and step forward into glory.

================================================

That calls to mind a comment that Gen. Robert E. Lee made to Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson upon watching 10,000+ bluecoats with fixed bayonets and officers with drawn swords advancing in line abreast toward the Confederate positions during the Battle of Fredericksburg; "It is well that war is so terrible, or else we should grow too fond of it."

==============================================

It's a poor substitute for a P38, that's fer sure!

While on this subject... when's the last time anyone saw a Mosin bayonet scabbard...? :rolleyes:

They are very rare. The Germans made them for the captured Mosins they had. Some were made by the Russians but not many. It was expected the bayonet would remain attached to the rifle. 19th century thinking.

As I recall the German ones were tubular steel and the Russki ones leather.

The Germans also made a crude blade bayonet. I imagine they're worth a pretty penny.

The Finns did issue scabbards for theirs. link

==============================================

It's a poor substitute for a P38, that's fer sure!

Translation from Russian Manual

Instructions for to be opening of Amerikanski ration tins

1. Be loading rifle

2. Skewer Amerikanski ration tin with glorious Soviet bayonet.

3. Aiming at trench wall and be pulling trigger

4. Removing carefully the liberated rations from trench wall and consume with Vodka

Translation from Russian Manual

Instructions for to be opening of Amerikanski ration tins

1. Be loading rifle

2. Skewer Amerikanski ration tin with glorious Soviet bayonet.

3. Aiming at trench wall and be pulling trigger

4. Removing carefully the liberated rations from trench wall and consume with Vodka

make video so others can enjoyski..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived