SASS Wire Forum

SPF 1911 Project Gun

SPF

A-yup. A brand-new, in-the-box, never-fired, nickle-plated Cimmeron/Armscor 1911. I purchased it from Phil Rezac in late winter, but have never fired it because it won't feed. Some of you may have followed the thread I posted on the Wire, called something like "1911 Feed Problems." I finally had a local 1911 expert look at it and just got the verdict. I didn't follow the technical explanation but, essentially, the internals all need to be filed and polished, the ramp needs to have the angle changed, etc. It didn't sound like it needs any new parts, just finishing work and adjustment. My guy said it would take $75 to put it into basic firing condition; more, if I wanted him to do a good job. I've already got $600 into it, and don't want to throw good money after bad (including FFL fees), so I figure to cut my losses, sell the thing at a major discount, and put whatever money I can recover toward a Colt anniversary model.

On your end, you would get a brand-new gun at a bargain price that would be a good winter project. Or, you'd pay so little for it initially that paying for repairs would actually make sense. Like I said, I paid $600 for it; I'm asking $300 plus shipping, my FFL to yours.

1st I'll take it, gets it.

I'll take it! Where do I send the money and ffl??

Gunstock Smith

krucktx1100@cs.com

Sorry, GS, I got a PM from someone else before you could post. Better luck next time.

Glad it went quick- I waz soooooo tempted!!!!

I know the feeling.

Archived