SASS Wire Forum

Glass display case

Deja Vous

I have a coffee table with drawers which is very functional. But I have a desire to have one with a display case so I can put in knifes, or guns.. or maybe my hats.. Is there such an animal?

Yep...L.L. Bean carried one for quite awhile. Don't know if they still do. They're around. With today's technology, you might try Googling it on-line.

I have seen glass top ones that you could put stuff under the glass. Don't remember where, or when but pretty sure I seen some like that.

Craigslist has nothing.. hmmmm let me try ebay.

Yep...L.L. Bean carried one for quite awhile. Don't know if they still do. They're around. With today's technology, you might try Googling it on-line.

If I could find one deep enough I could do my hats too.. and the fans.. hmmm yike.. I just had a freaking old maid moment.. lol..

I've seen pictures and plans for a variety of glass top tables to display things.

There are several options, you can have the glass just lift out to access contents, have the glass held in place and lid hinged, or have the top fixed and contents accessible either by a hinged or sliding door in the side or by a drawer.

A big consideration is the glass used, IMO it should be thick and or at least tempered.

If I were to build one, for a coffee table type I'd probably go with a drawer, easy to access and lock. For a taller table I might go with a hidden sliding panel just cuz I like stuff like that. Ideally the hidden panel would have a hidden latch or catch.

Here is the lowest cost new piece I could find>>

Shadow Box Coffee table

'course we could just make one out of a coffee table...

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Here is another, it has open sides but would be esy enough to enclose, kinda modern tho....

Metal shadow tables

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

I"m a wood butcher, er, wood worker so I'd probably make one if'n I wanted one, but, for someone who does alot of garage saling, finding a neat old table you could re-task would be fun.

Crate and Barrel in Temecula has one in their store

Archived