SASS Wire Forum

Winchester Factory Sling Swivels

:FlagAm: Looking for a factory install front sling swivel for a Winchester 73 or the dimensions if one has to be made.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks Pards,

Slide Creek Dave

:FlagAm: Looking for a factory install front sling swivel for a Winchester 73 or the dimensions if one has to be made.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks Pards,

Slide Creek Dave

Try Numrich/Gun Parts Corp.

IIRC, http/www.e-gunparts.com

Dave,

I would like some pertinent information on this also.

I have found reference to the factory swivel (or preferred method) was to machine a flat on either side of a hole made in the fore end cap.

The idea behind this is to have squared & perpendicular relief s on the curved area s inside & outside for a swivel base and it's anchor (nut/clip??) to rotate with a minimum of endplay.

I came across this information from a book I saw a while back that spent a lot of effort documenting authentic 19th century guns and the specific ways that things were done then.

This was not a common modification,generally a special order during manufacture, so examples are hard to come by.

My problem has been finding spare fore end caps for my Renegades to have modified. I know what I expect to do, but I am not about to go handing over the only examples of these parts for modification.

My rule of thumb is generally, whittle away on spares, at least then I won't be left without until the work is done -or- until I find replacements if the job goes awry.

Archived