SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger shotgun

Dantankerous

Reading through the instructions printed in Nov and Dec 2009 in the Chronical about doing the Stoeger double trigger swap made the job seem simple enough. Good info there and plenty of photos. Then I noticed the shotgun in the article's pictures had two trigger slots (one for each trigger) whereas mine has only one (large enough for both triggers to fit into). Before I go any farther into this little project, I need to know if the differences in the two designs will change how I proceed or if I even should? It also almost looks as if there are subtle differences between the triggers in the article's gun versus mine; perhaps a small design change, which makes me not to certain about what exactly to dremel. I would HATE to booger up my gun before this weekend's match! :blink::(

Thanks!

Dan

Dantankerous,

I followed the instructions and changed out the two triggers on my Stoeger just as explained in those two articles. There is only one trigger slot, may look different in those photos. I am very happy with the result and have been shooting that SXS for all of last season and this. I believe that after relieving the metal from the triggers there is much less resistence, and the triggers are also easier to pull. I'm not an experience gunsmith to say the least, and I was pretty deliberate with my work with the dremel tool.( Took a while!) But am very happy that I made the switch. I'm sure you'll be happy too. Good luck with the project! See ya on down the trail...Amen Straight

Archived