SASS Wire Forum

38's in 45 Colt Holsters

Howdy there, Pards,

I have a question about gun leather. I tried searching around, but "in" and "a" usually get deleted from search engines, so "Will a 38 fit in a 45 Colt holster" only resulted in finding a bunch of ads for 38 holsters and 45 Colt holsters...Here's my dilemma, I'm trying to upgrade my gear, and I'd like to minimize buying redundant leather, etc. I currently have 4 5/8in Ruger New Vaquero's in .357, with some leather that was made for them years ago. I want to pick up some Ruger New Vaqueros in 5 1/2" barrels in 45 Colt for when I'm feelin masochistic (actually I'm drawn to Classic Cowboy for some reason). If I pick up a fancy new rig for the 5 1/2" 45 Colts, will I be able to effectively use the same new fancy rig for the 4 5/8in .357's? Or will they flop around like sardines in a Tuna net?

Thanks for all the great info I've gleaned over the years from lootin these forums, and thanks for all the future info!

Didn't mean to post this in the classifieds, sorry 'bout that. Jumped over to the classifieds without payin much attention just prior to hittin the "start new topic" button....so, I'll be y'all to the punch! What a noob!!! :) Gonna repost this in the regular wire, if the mods wanna delete this one! Thanks!

:rolleyes: just to let you have a little more information, the Long Hunter LH-09 sounds like what you need. :mellow:

I just got one with the Ranger belt and here is the thing about it it has an adjustment that you can use to tighten up the holster so if the 45's are a little bigger than the 357's you can tighten it up so it will fit, also it comes with slid for your bullets so you can get one fro each cal 45 and 38.

check them out. :)

Archived