SASS Wire Forum

Slippery Dick was called home today

My good pard Slippery Dick of Liberal, Kansas, was called home today. He had open-heart surgery in Wichita about a week ago. He arrived in Liberal this afternoon for extended recovery at a local healthcare facility. He passed away within a half hour of arriving there.

Please keep him and his grieving wife, Cactus Starr, in your prayers.

Steeldust Dan

Prayers up from Texas for his family and all his friends.

My sincere condolences to his loved ones and friends.

Deepest prayers and condolence for CACTUS STARR and family, SLIPPERY DICK was a great friend and pard to shoot with. Always had a story to tell and kind words for everyone. CANADIAN RIVER REGULATORS need to do a special match for OLE DICK. Love ya CACTUS

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

God bless him on his final ride and God bless his kin too.

Mustang Gregg

Slippery Dick was a good friend and will be sorely missed.

My prayers are in for his soul, and for Cactus Starr.

Duffield

Well I sure hate to hear this sad news as is anyone who knew everyone's good pard Slippery Dick. There will be less merriment and frivolity at shoots without ole Slip. He was always the life of the party and a friend to all.

There are many Slippery stories and true ones not tall tales. He and I had a years long competition to see who could own the most 97s. I remember one year he won the Cattle Baron contest at the Southwest Regional Showdown at Buck Creek. It was a hunderd and leben in the shade with 100 percent humidity and there was Dick parading around dressed to the nth degree hugging all the wimmens. They all just loved him as did we all.

I know the loving and doting Cactus Starr will be lost and prayers and condolences to her and all theirs. We will all miss him so.

My prayers and condolences go out to Cactus Starr and all of Slippery Dick's family and friends.

Archived