SASS Wire Forum

Video- Shooting Black Powder Shotshells

If you like black powder, you will like this video. But, even if you hate black powder, you might like this because in this video bottles of colored water just explode when the shot hits them.

This was my most fun video to make. Let me know if you liked it too.

Your video series inspired me to try my hand at loading BP shot shells. After trying my loads I was very pleased with the results and am now considering switching over everything to BP.

I shoot 44-40. Are you doing (or have done) any videos on loading BP for 44-40?

Hi Silver Sides,

I just finished my September B-P column for "Guns of the Old West" It is on loading B-P .44-40 on a Dillon 550B.

The companion video is shot, but needs the usual post production work to transform it from scenes into a video.

I also shot the scenes for a video on shooting B-P .44-40 with a Model P, an 1875 Remington, a '73 Winchester and a Colt Lightning.

Probably have those up on Youtube in a week.

Enjoyed the video. I especially like the shell on the antique equipment. They looked really great. Might even cycle in the 97.

Please give us a heads up when the new videos come out as they are not only educational but very entertaining also. As people become more knowledgeable concerning the fun and ease of use with black powder, we can only expect an increase in participation in the bp categories.

Archived