SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited 20" 357

Wyatt

One of our SO's is in today and brought in a 95%+ Marlin that he is wanting to get rid of.

It's a JP barreled gun

What a good market value for it?

Wyatt

What ever the market will bear and what the buyer is willing to pay, take a look at the marlin CBC here advertized with action job from Cody, it is close to what a 73 costs

Around here new ones if they had any which they don't, but they are close to $800 dollars

All for now JD Trampas

Wyatt:

$600 is a good price

$650 is a fair price

$700 isn't out of the ball park but when you get above that, its time to think on how bad you want it.

Now, saying all that, I doubt that I would take a $1000 for any of mine.

..........Widder

I tried to get this rifle from a well-known gunsmith, complete with the action job. He said good luck finding one, and he couldn't help me. I went to Gunbroker and got one, and using Marauder's web site material and Jim Crow's video, I did an action job myself. To my surprise, it turned out slicker than owl snot. I also learned a lot about the rifle along the way. You're going to pay $800+ for the rifle due to the limited availability.

There have been some on Gunbroker lately with a Buy Now price of $1000 but no takers. $750 to 850 is the average from what I've seen. The earlier 24" CBs will bring more.

Archived