SASS Wire Forum

Has this ever been discussed?

I know I don't get on these boards as much as I used to now that my kids are playing sports and such.

I thing I really enjoy are the "Make the call" threads that appear from time to time. They are a great educational tool for RO's and can prepare us for a situation that may occur on our own firing line. Has there ever been any talk about an "RO Room"? A room where we can post our "make the call" threads and read past threads of the same nature. I've tried using the search button to find similiar threads but with so many different titles they are hard to find. I think this would be a great idea. What you say?

I hate to see the board become too fractured. I would hate to see it ending up like this . It makes it very hard to read.

I much prefer the eclectic nature of the SASS wire as it exists today.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

I agree with BJT. while it would be handy for research or catching up, I think those thread would get more views here, and anything that puts the rules in front of, and in the mind of the rank and file shooter the better.

There is a need for long-term retention of some of the decisions that come out of the RO Committee, and the many fine conclusions that are handed out by PWB. As it is now, these are lost to most of the SASS members after a month or so, and can be hard to find even before they disappear. Unfortunately, these "Make the Call" threads often get contentious, long winded and repetitive before they settle into a final agreement that most of the posters can live with.

It would beneficial to retain a cleaned-up brief statement of the scenario, then the commonly-accepted answer, for many of the interesting "U make the Call" posts. This could be in a separate forum, used for reference, and allow all the "baying and brawling" (:lol:) to continue out here in the Wire forum. And maybe it could be posted to only by a member of (or volunteer working for) the RO Committee, so the information stays kept up to a high standard of quality.

Good luck, GJ

Pard,

At one time (maybe two years ago) there was "official" talk of putting these on a separate forum with PWB providing the answers. Nothing came of it. So, if you'd like to see more "stuff" like that, look here, under "question of the month, archive."

Regards,

Allie

I notice that there are a lot of these on the ROII instructors' wire. But there PWB answers them, the poster thanks him, and the thread ends. Sadly that means the answers don' t get general dissemination.

But when the same question is asked here,PWB answers it, and 42 posts argue about it. Sadly, that means people stop asking, and the answers don't get general dissemination.

This has been discussed in Vegas a couple of times with actions assigned to make this kind of info availiable for all. I think PWB even said he was ready to do it as soon as the web site was ready to accept the info but sadly nothing has happened. Last time it was discussed it was to be a part of the member only partition area if I recall.

Archived