SASS Wire Forum

DHC2

Subdeacon Joe

I saw the filming of "6 Days and 7 Nights" in Hawaii with Harrison Ford flying a De Havilland Beaver. He now owns 1, and about 7-8 other planes. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I got a close look at one when it almost ran into the Huey I was in just south of Song Be one cloudy afternoon. A real close look. :blink:

Army Beaver

Back in the day when I was a drone, we printed the dash panel on a rebuild of a Beaver. They had one in the hanger down in Renton and my co worker was helping design the panels and labels. Quite a project. I rode down with him to take a look at it when it was almost complete. Very impressive rebuild. Looked like a new out the door airplane.

Badger is not a pilot type however. He gets air sick just watching planes land. :blush:

I want one!

I want one too!!! As long as I can get the Gubmint to pay for the fuel. they gots lots of money. Just printed another Trillion, didn't they? Just sayin'

Big Jake

Okay, I'll bite, Bob. How close was it???????? :blush:

I didn't know a Huey could survive an evasive maneuver like that . Holy Crap close.

Rode in one a couple years ago in the Alaska bush. We were on a river bar one minute and the next thing I knew, we were in the air. It seemed like the darn thing only taxied a few feet and was up. Amazing!

Would you say it definately had you puckered, Bob????????

Was watching a show on copters today on Military Channel, they showed a fella that could do a loop in one :huh::blush:

To make things worse, on that day I was the pay officer and had about $15,00.00 in payroll in a briefcase sitting on the deck of the Huey. I managed to grab it just before it slid out the door and plummeted to the jungle below. It would have made retirement possible for some lucky VC who found it.

It would probably have ensured my early retirement as well.

Archived