SASS Wire Forum

Powder Inc

:FlagAm: I recently purchased an original 73. To shoot it I ordered 2 boxes of black powder ammunition, one of which was a reduced load. These were ordered from a major distibutor of parts, ammo, etc. When they arrived the reduced laod while in a .44-40 box turned out to be .45 Colt (headstamp & .452). The major company told me I would have to contact the company thta supplied them. I did and explained the problem on voice mail at Powder Inc. The next morning I had a call from Powder Inc. They were sorry, they where checking their stock to make sure there no more miss marked boxes, and finally they were sending me a box of .44-40s free to replace the missmarked. Great customer service and a square deal.

Slide Creek Dave

Soviet Sector of Washington Teritory (west of the mountan)

:FlagAm: I recently purchased an original 73. To shoot it I ordered 2 boxes of black powder ammunition, one of which was a reduced load. These were ordered from a major distibutor of parts, ammo, etc. When they arrived the reduced laod while in a .44-40 box turned out to be .45 Colt (headstamp & .452). The major company told me I would have to contact the company thta supplied them. I did and explained the problem on voice mail at Powder Inc. The next morning I had a call from Powder Inc. They were sorry, they where checking their stock to make sure there no more miss marked boxes, and finally they were sending me a box of .44-40s free to replace the missmarked. Great customer service and a square deal.

Slide Creek Dave

Soviet Sector of Washington Teritory (west of the mountan)

Always nice when people step up, admit their mistake, and make amends without any arm twisting. :)

+1 on all of the good comments.

They are sure my "go to" for black powder needs. Jerry is committed to fine service and making customer satisfied.

I've had both Powder Inc. and Coonies make mistakes on mixed cases (say 23 cans of Fg or cannon grade and 2 cans of FFFg, but sending 2 cans of FFFFg instead), and both, when I called say "Oops! We'll send the right stuff, go ahead and keep the FFFFg on us." Which worked out well, you can make a lot of quills from a pound of FFFFg.

Archived