SASS Wire Forum

Neat little shooter

Iron Pony

Was looking for a summer gun to carry in a pocket of the cargo shorts or under an untucked polo shirt and settled on the newish Slim 9 from Taurus. After about 250 rounds of ball ammunition there have been no gun related malfunctions, accuracy is more then adequate though the trigger is something I'm still getting used to. Flat, small, slim nothing to reall stick out and get hung up on bits. Two middle fingers on the grip, pinky underneath and its easy to control. Likes the 147 subsonic better then 124 grain ball and the federal hydra shocks I pulled out of the back of the ammo case shot perfectly as well. Before trying to adjust the sites I'm going to try and get a little more comfortable with it. As an aside the WW whitebox has to be the worst factory rounds I've ever bought, junk, four rounds that were so under power they wouldnt operate the slide and one that I thought was a squib. Did not try the Israeli blue tip, subgun ammo might be a bit hot.

If you need something small with more juice then the 380 give it a look. Damn going to have start reloading those little cases again, glad the square deal dies are still on hand.

Yep thats the one DEW and though a full size 1911 or XD are more to my liking this is a real nice little gun. Havent had a subcompact 9mm since the old firestar and this thing weighs about 1/4 what that did, is smaller and easier to conceal. Picked up a desantis IWB holster but not sure if I'm going to use it or just go with "mexican" carry.

Sounds nice, Iron Pony!

Did you also look at the 40 Caliber version?

A friend just got one and we will try it out tomorrow.

He had to return it, but they sent him a new pistol to replace the faulty one. Glad you got a good one from the start!

Didnt look at the 40, figured the 9mm was about right for a pocket gun and theres just something about a loaded down version of the 10mm that leaves me cold. Had it in a HK, Glock and still have the conversion for the 1911 but just dont like it. I know its all in my head,

Archived