SASS Wire Forum

Life Is What Happens...

Bama Red

Well, today I was supposed to have had my right knee replaced. It would have been the second replacement, after three revisions to the first replacement. However, on Sunday, I was weed whacking, trying to get some last minute chores done while I still had two knees, and fell in the driveway when the knee gave way :wacko: . Of course, the bad knee hit the ground first, taking the full force of the fall and hitting the asphalt a pretty good lick. It also caused a little road rash directly on the knee cap. Called the surgeon on call over the long weekend and he said come in early today, they'd take a look at the knee and decide if they would go ahead with the surgery. End result was a no-go on the surgery until the knee is healed and there is an opening in the schedule :angry: . So, it looks like another month until I can have my next shot at getting a working knee.

The upside is that I may be able to shoot our Members Only match this weekend, if the knee will hold up for two days of shooting! :)

Well, today I was supposed to have had my right knee replaced. It would have been the second replacement, after three revisions to the first replacement. However, on Sunday, I was weed whacking, trying to get some last minute chores done while I still had two knees, and fell in the driveway when the knee gave way :wacko: . Of course, the bad knee hit the ground first, taking the full force of the fall and hitting the asphalt a pretty good lick. It also caused a little road rash directly on the knee cap. Called the surgeon on call over the long weekend and he said come in early today, they'd take a look at the knee and decide if they would go ahead with the surgery. End result was a no-go on the surgery until the knee is healed and there is an opening in the schedule :angry: . So, it looks like another month until I can have my next shot at getting a working knee.

The upside is that I may be able to shoot our Members Only match this weekend, if the knee will hold up for two days of shooting! :)

Bama, hope you get to feeling better quick...you come on out this weekend. You can shoot from your cart as much as possible, and where you can't, we'll work it out as best we can. :D

...Bama...prayers are still going up from Indian Territory for you and your knees...

Prayers up. I had a spinal fusion delayed at the last minute when I got bumped by an emergency surgery. It's frustrating to get all geared up for something and then be told you have to wait.,

Archived