SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Coach/Uplander Extra Bbl

Possum Stu

So, I'm looking at buying a CAS shotgun in the near future. I plan on getting a Stoeger Coach gun but like the longer barrel of the Uplander as well. I saw that they offer an Uplander with 12 and 20 ga barrels and that got me thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know...). It would be pretty cool to have the long barrels for shooting birds and clays and the short barrel for CAS. Can you get a replacement Coach barrel from Stoeger? Or is this just wishful thinking?

From what I hear, just trying to get replacement parts is near impossible.

That's patently untrue. Parts aren't available at every gunstore in the states for sure, but there are a couple of places besides the factory warranty shop where you can get parts, usually within a week or so. Not all that difficult.

RBK

That's patently untrue. Parts aren't available at every gunstore in the states for sure, but there are a couple of places besides the factory warranty shop where you can get parts, usually within a week or so. Not all that difficult.

RBK

OK, where? I've also heard (read) here and over on another cowboy forum that they are hard to get from the factory if not impossible, and nobody I've seen carries them. I use one and I like to have sources lined up just in case.

OK, where? I've also heard (read) here and over on another cowboy forum that they are hard to get from the factory if not impossible, and nobody I've seen carries them. I use one and I like to have sources lined up just in case.

Mann & Sons Sporting Goods, Pickneyville Il. 618-359-2911. Cowboy Emporium, Tampa Fl. 813-751-6950.

RBK

Mann & Sons Sporting Goods, Pickneyville Il. 618-359-2911. Cowboy Emporium, Tampa Fl. 813-751-6950.

RBK

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll have to give them a call, as well as some dealers in Utah. I haven't seen anything online. Hopefully there's a source out there somewhere...

Guest diablo slim shootist

I tried to swap barrels on my Uplander and my coach gun

they will NOT interchange :angry:

From what I understand, the barrels have to be individually fit to the gun for the final step.

So you would have to have the barrel made specifically for your gun. You cannot just order another set of barrels.

But you can always ask about it and see what the cost would be. I would guess that it would be cheaper to buy two guns.

I would guess that it would be cheaper to buy two guns.

+1 I totally agree with Marauder on this, but look at it this way. What a perfect excuse to buy another gun! After all, It's necessary by golly. Smithy.

I tried to swap barrels on my Uplander and my coach gun

they will NOT interchange :angry:

Dang...

I would guess that it would be cheaper to buy two guns.

+1 I totally agree with Marauder on this, but look at it this way. What a perfect excuse to buy another gun! After all, It's necessary by golly. Smithy.

OK I like your thinking! :) I'll take an extra gun, if I really have to...

OK, so here's the official response from Stoeger:

"Extra barrels are not available for any of our over/under or side-by-side models. Due to the way the barrels must lock up to the receiver, the barrels are custom fit to each gun at the factory.

Thank you,

Customer Service

Benelli USA"

Too bad. What would be perfect is if they offered a "cowboy combo" package with a long barrel and a coach barrel, both 12 gauge. I'd buy that sucker in a heartbeat. Ah well...

Indeed a multiple barrel shotgun capability would be enjoyed by many. Indeed, our primary modern shotgun is a Mossberg 500 with the standard 26" bbl with Accu-Chokes for trap/skeet/upland game, a 24" ported rifled barrel for deer/bear/large game slugs, and a 20" bbl Accu-Choke for turkey/self defense loads.

Nonetheless, I can assure you all, there is nothing wrong with using a Stoeger 12 GA SxS 20" bbl Coach Shotgun for hunting birds. My wife proved that to me several years while hunting Chukkars/Pheasants in central PA. She definetley got her fair share of birds with her coach gun.

Chicken Coop

Archived