SASS Wire Forum

Do you "Double Tap" on the way to a "Triple Tap"?

Kid Drover

Tombstone Diamond and I are having a discussion about definitions. In ya'll's opinions are the terms such as "Double Tap" or "Triple Tap" a round count or the name of a sequence, making them a noun? The following is an example: 3 Rifle Targets - Shoot all three targets with 10 rounds - no triple taps. If you shot a 1 - 1 - 7, does the 7 have a "Triple Tap" in it, or does shooting the target 7 times mean just that, you shot the target 7 times. Meaning, there is no single taps, double taps, triple taps, etc even considered in shooting the target 7 times? Heck, I am having a hard even framing the question. :huh: Thanks, Knob Creek Drover

Maybe this will help.

If you shoot the same target three times in a row, you just did a "triple tap".

So yes, as you mentioned, you do a double tap while you are shooting a triple tap.

If a stage says "no double taps" that means you cannot shoot the same target more than once in a row.

No Triple tap - no more than twice in a row.

Thanks, ya'll. Ya'll are experienced shooters and knowlegable about the SASS Rules and way. So there is a double tap within a triple tap. Seems awful croweded to me, but, I accept the decision. KCD

Tombstone Diamond and I are having a discussion about definitions. In ya'll's opinions are the terms such as "Double Tap" or "Triple Tap" a round count or the name of a sequence, making them a noun? The following is an example: 3 Rifle Targets - Shoot all three targets with 10 rounds - no triple taps. If you shot a 1 - 1 - 7, does the 7 have a "Triple Tap" in it, or does shooting the target 7 times mean just that, you shot the target 7 times. Meaning, there is no single taps, double taps, triple taps, etc even considered in shooting the target 7 times? Heck, I am having a hard even framing the question. :huh: Thanks, Knob Creek Drover

Ya triple tapped it and then some. Would give you a P.

Someone could argue all they want. But I would stand firm on the P.

But the instant the 3rd shot hit it. It was a triple tap.

Think I would just do a double tap nevada sweep.

Tombstone Diamond and I are having a discussion about definitions. In ya'll's opinions are the terms such as "Double Tap" or "Triple Tap" a round count or the name of a sequence, making them a noun?

The following is an example: 3 Rifle Targets - Shoot all three targets with 10 rounds - no triple taps. If you shot a 1 - 1 - 7, does the 7 have a "Triple Tap" in it, or does shooting the target 7 times mean just that, you shot the target 7 times. Meaning, there is no single taps, double taps, triple taps, etc even considered in shooting the target 7 times?

Heck, I am having a hard even framing the question. :huh: Thanks, Knob Creek Drover

Ya triple tapped it and then some. Would give you a P.

Someone could argue all they want. But I would stand firm on the P.

But the instant the 3rd shot hit it. It was a triple tap.

Think I would just do a double tap nevada sweep.

If you could get more than one "P" per stage, you'd get TWO for that one (two "triple taps" within the 7-shot sequence).

^_^

...and I don't know anyone who can figure out how to do a TRIPLE tap without DOUBLE tapping at some point...

...but someone ALWAYS asks if they can TRIPLE-tap when a stage says NO DOUBLE-TAPS. :rolleyes:

PWB

I know that it is sometimes overlooked but at the core of SASS is the "spirit of the game" or the "cowboy way." The obvious intent of the instruction was that you should not shoot the same target three times in a row. No amout of Philadelphia lawyering is going to change what the writer intended. Nice try, but no cigar.

If you shoot it 1 - 1- 7, that seems to only add up to 9 unless I'm missing something. A P and a miss and hopefully you cleared that last round out of the rifle...

If there is no stipulation as to number of rounds required on each target I'd just do a double tap continuous Nevada sweep.

If you shoot it 1 - 1- 7, that seems to only add up to 9 unless I'm missing something. A P and a miss and hopefully you cleared that last round out of the rifle...

Good catch on that one, GD! ;)

I agree that you must double tab to triple tap. Thus it is obvious that four sequential shots on the same target is two double taps.

Anyone remember that one?

Cheers,

BJT

Or a quadruple tap, yup all them things. I think they call them synonyms. I love synonym rolls myself.

Cheers,

BJT

BJT,

It's two double-taps

Or a triple tap with an extra

Or four single taps...

Heck I did not catch that either.

And bet he would have left that last round on the carrier.

So lets see now. He gets a P, miss, and a MSV for a grand total of an extra 25 added on. :ph34r:

Think sometimes folks can get to gamey for there on good. :huh::P

here is a nother way ta look at it

do you drive 20 miles per hour, getting to 30 miles per hour LOL

A more appropriate analogy is you increase delta V by 20mph along the dv/dt curve to arrive at 30mph. And you increase the dv by 20mph twice along the dv/dt curve to arive at 40mph.

Not sure what an ogy is but I don't want no analogy.

Cheers,

BJT

A more appropriate analogy is you increase delta V by 20mph along the dv/dt curve to arrive at 30mph. And you increase the dv by 20mph twice along the dv/dt curve to arive at 40mph.

Not sure what an ogy is but I don't want no analogy.

Cheers,

BJT

the dv/dt is the acceleration so should be measured in miles per hour per hour. Since V is differentiable, it is continuous, so if V went from 0 mph to 30 mph, it must have been 20 mph for at least one instant in between.

I'm not sure what kind of ogy this is. <_<

This is like the old question, "How many months have 28 days?" All of them!!!

I would have to be shown a better way of doing this than a double-tap Nevada sweep (maybe starting in the middle) before I would try it.

Archived