SASS Wire Forum

Pocket Pro or Pocket Pro II ?

Hi Folks:

I'm going to buy a timer for my practice sessions.

Should I get a Pocket Pro or Pocket Pro II ??

& WHy?

Thanks in advance.

--Dawg

I don't know a lot about them but my little bit of investigation revealed this:

The buttons on the II version are recessed, there are fewer of them.

One reviewer intimated that the II might suffer from cold sensitivity (slow display ??) .

You can get P.Pro II from both MidwayUSA & Brownells for the same price.

Midway USA also carries the original P.Pro, Brownells does not. Does this tell us anything? Maybe. Midway charges the same for P.Pro & P.ProII .

There are a lot of reviews on the Midway site, not so much via Brownells. There is a video @ the Brownells site.

Search the Brownells sight and they will provide a discount code that eliminates shipping costs. (- CWZ -??)

If you find that discount code for Brownells, there are all those Magna-bit numbers that you might still need.

If you buy at Midway before midnight 5/31 (tonight) this promo code is good for $10.00 off - 5051171 -

Hope that some of this might help.

You might consider a CED 7000. I've tried both, and prefer the CED. It's lighter, smaller, and I like the accesories like wrist/arm band, silicone cover, car charger, etc... I believe it does all the other timers do, wouldn;t know for sure cuz I don't use 99% of the functions on any of these timers. I recentlry used mine in a two day match, no charging between days. Still showed half a battery.

Cash

We've been very pleased with the Pocket Pro

We have used them at our matches for several years without incident - large digits on the readout, easy to set par times for practice and review features to see split times, etc.

I've seen the PP II - more info on the screen, but smaller and harder to read (for me anyway)

Just my $0.02 worth

At most of my local matches I attend they use the Pocket Pro... but maybe that's what was available when everybody was buying timers..

I started shooting Cowboy Action around 2005.. I bought the Pocket Pro II

I don't find the screen too small..

I like the par time settings on the Pocket Pro II.. maybe the Pocket Pro does the same..

I like the random start on the Pocket Pro II... again the Pocket Pro may do the same..

I can place the Pocket Pro II on the table in front of me when I go to the range to practice and it picks up all my shots... even the rifle while I'm shooting it and it's laying on the table.. It has a sensitivity adjustment on picking up shots.. again.. Pocket Pro may do the same..

I like being able to go back thru my shots to see my split times on the Pocket Pro II.. again.. maybe the Pocket Pro does the same..

But I guess if the Pocket Pro was the best one to buy.. :blink:

Why would the manufacturer come out with a better model.. Pocket Pro II? They must feel it's better ;)

I guess it must have some features the other does not.. JMHO

Rance <_<

We've been very pleased with the Pocket Pro

We have used them at our matches for several years without incident - large digits on the readout, easy to set par times for practice and review features to see split times, etc.

I've seen the PP II - more info on the screen, but smaller and harder to read (for me anyway)

Just my $0.02 worth

Yep, I prefer the Pocket Pro, larger read out without all the other info on the screen. Plus I've used it more than the other so I already know how to work all the features, either one will work fine. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

If'n those bucks get spent @ Brownells, the promo code CWZ gets you .99 cent shipping on invoice over $125.00 , and a promo code CYD will result in a $10.00 gift card on a purchase over $100.00.

These codes are valid until the end of June.

I don't know if they can be stacked, if you were to try you would have to buy a few Magna bits or something to get you past some minimums.

Most companies don't allow the stacking of discounts though.

I hope this helps cause I'm certain that you burn a LOT of fuel getting to all those shoots you attend Prairie Dawg.

Archived