SASS Wire Forum

Help Me Gunfighters

Crazy Mingo

Heee Haaa Gunfighters..Anyone that knows me or read any of my posts,knows that I'm not much of a trash-talker.. :blush: Well I opened my mouth and said I was going to take the famous Gunfighter" Gunner Gatling "on ,in the town of Liberty..I'm going ta shoot Pale-rider Gunfighter.. :lol:

Well heres my problem.For the last 3 year I haven't used my left hand. I have had 2 Operations on it ta get it ta work. :mellow:and shootin Pale-Rider loads jar the joints apart..

Second I'm a product of the 60's and I'm ,well lets say I lost alot of brain cells..

Last of all I have Never shot Gunfighter.. :huh: Its not EZ.. I tryed it for the first time yesterday,I put loaded gun back in the holsters,when I got to the last target I didn't have any ammo left in the guns..simple sequences I get all jammed up cross the guns ..well you get the picture.. -_-

Well Gunfighters can ya give me any pointers.. Can ya make me a Gunfighter in 3 days(thats all I got left).. :) Can ya HELP out a Cripply Old Man.. :o

Heeee Haaa Crazy Pale-Rider Gunfighter)Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Crazy Mingo:

although ALOT of us (me included) add alittle trash challenges sometimes on the Wire, just remember that when it gets down to business, you have 2 deadly firearms and SAFETY must be paramount. If you have to eat crow in front of GG, him being a GF would help him understand your circumstances and allow you to gracefully back out of this challenge.

Now, for some encouraging words: you could always hope that he smashes his left hand in a truck door and then HE would be the one who has to back out..... :lol::lol::lol:

If this helps you any, remember that you are allowed to use your 'other' hand to assist in cocking and holstering your pistols. BUT, when you pull the trigger, you can only use one hand.

This would require you to actually shoot duelist style but it could be in the GF category. Just shoot your 1st five shots from one pistol and holster then shoot your remaining five from the other pistol, using your good hand to assist in the cocking and holstering of your 2nd pistol.

The other advice I have is to stay awake the next 3 days and dry fire about 100,000 times with both hands. :o

..........Widder

I think the best use of your three days is to invent a time machine and take back the challenge you made. I've been shooting GF for about a year and a half, and still ain't got it figured out!

Widder gives good advice. There are too many bad things that can happen to think we can teach you to be a safe gunfighter in just three days, unless we could be hands on for those three days. And even then, ? My best advice is to start working now for next year.

Possum

Simple. Have Manatee shoot the match for you as your "second" while you sit inna directors chair :rolleyes:

Actually, still simple. Whine and Moan and back out.

Coffinmaker

simple sequences I get all jammed up

Howdy Mingo, here's a simple tip that has helped a few local begining GF that were having trouble keeping up with the target sequence. When folks tell me there's no way they can shoot GF cause they would get confused, I ask a simple question....can you count to five?? :huh: The answer is always yes :o if you can count to five you can shoot GF ;)

Instead of thinking of the pistol string as a 10 shot string remember it's still two 5 shot strings. When you shoot traditional you shoot (and think) first gun 1,2,3,4,5 next gun 1,2,3,4,5.

Do the same thing when shooting GF. If the sequence is two 1-3-1 sweeps, then shoot, think, and count two 1-3-1 sweeps, 1-2,3,4-5....1-2,3,4-5. This way double tap opportunities will come naturally and you will always end up with two empty guns. Don't worry about trying to avoid crossovers to start, just alternate each gun and let the chips fall. If it starts to get confusing shoot the stage double-duelist, Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Realx-Enjoy

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo

Try shooting double duelist at alot of your shoots this year, That way you can build up strenght in your left hand. Shooting gun fighter now could get you a little trouble holding and cocking. If you shoot DD you can use your right hand to help out. Don't want anything to happen to you, won't have anyone to trash talk with.

Stay away from the POTATOUS. There bad for you. :wacko::lol:

The Duck Of Death

...Well heres my problem.For the last 3 year I haven't used my left hand. I have had 2 Operations on it ta get it ta work. :mellow:and shootin Pale-Rider loads jar the joints apart...

Pard,

My advice is to back out or you could do something that could lead to another operation. Just tell folks you were crazy to consider it. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

OK, here's what you do...

The day of the shoot stop and pick up some donuts, big fat greasy ones filled with all manner of sweet jelly and whatnot. Maybe some covered with that thick powdered sugar stuff too.

DO NOT EAT ANY DONUTS YOUR OWN SELF.

When you get to the range give them to GG and insist that he eat them. If there are any facilities at the range to wash hands, make sure GG can't get to them or use them.

Second, tell GG some story about some feller you know who didn't drink enough water on a hot day and convince him to drink lots of water, and I mean LOTS.

At some point during the match (hopefully early on) GG will need to use the outhouse, when he does, lock him inside.

OR you could just go ahead and buy him a six pack and give it to him before the match to pay off the wager...then tell the match director that ol GG has booze on the range in his cart...

:D

Heee Haaa Gunfighters..Anyone that knows me or read any of my posts,knows that I'm not much of a trash-talker.. :blush: Well I opened my mouth and said I was going to take the famous Gunfighter" Gunner Gatling "on ,in the town of Liberty..I'm going ta shoot Pale-rider Gunfighter.. :lol:

Well heres my problem.For the last 3 year I haven't used my left hand. I have had 2 Operations on it ta get it ta work. :mellow:and shootin Pale-Rider loads jar the joints apart..

Second I'm a product of the 60's and I'm ,well lets say I lost alot of brain cells..

Last of all I have Never shot Gunfighter.. :huh: Its not EZ.. I tryed it for the first time yesterday,I put loaded gun back in the holsters,when I got to the last target I didn't have any ammo left in the guns..simple sequences I get all jammed up cross the guns ..well you get the picture.. -_-

Well Gunfighters can ya give me any pointers.. Can ya make me a Gunfighter in 3 days(thats all I got left).. :) Can ya HELP out a Cripply Old Man.. :o

Heeee Haaa Crazy Pale-Rider Gunfighter)Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Simple.

Shoot no faster than you can acquire the sights.

Boy, did Mingo sucker awl y'all!!! heez bin whining fer yers, yit heze still a wuppun on folks...

Mingo, Imma mite earatatet, yu dint ast me furst,,,,,az fer a gittun cornfuzed,,,count yur pistol shots like u do yur riful,,,,miesef I count shots per targit, such az a 2-1-2, wud be 1 2, 1, 1 2, a lawrence welk wud be 1, 1 2, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 4.

oh yea an dunt flinch and wate til tha windz a blowin bfur u schute, make shure GG is tu schute wen tha wind she taint blowin..

shyanne coolpeppah

OK, here's what you do...

The day of the shoot stop and pick up some donuts, big fat greasy ones filled with all manner of sweet jelly and whatnot. Maybe some covered with that thick powdered sugar stuff too.

DO NOT EAT ANY DONUTS YOUR OWN SELF.

When you get to the range give them to GG and insist that he eat them. If there are any facilities at the range to wash hands, make sure GG can't get to them or use them.

Second, tell GG some story about some feller you know who didn't drink enough water on a hot day and convince him to drink lots of water, and I mean LOTS.

At some point during the match (hopefully early on) GG will need to use the outhouse, when he does, lock him inside.

OR you could just go ahead and buy him a six pack and give it to him before the match to pay off the wager...then tell the match director that ol GG has booze on the range in his cart...

:D

:D:):lol:;)

It takes a big man to admit he let his a$$$ overload his mouth. Step up to the plate. Don't do anything unsafe.

True - even bigger when the man ain't so big :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Gunner.. What my size got ta do with it :unsure: Anyway my old Pappy use ta tell me :Ya don't go to a Whore house ta play checkers :huh: And there ain't no way I'm backin out of this fight.. :blink: He also told many a time: Ya gota be tough if your gonea be Stupid..

For all ya folks that are conserned about me.. -_- Bless Ya..

Thanks for all the Gunfighter tips :) I'll keep tryin ta figure How ta hit the targets with my left hand gun..

Keep the tips comeing there helpful .. Three Days Left and Then I'm a PALE-RIDER GUNFIGHTER.. :lol:

Heee Haaa Mr Cowpecker Sir.. Now don't be Tellin any stories on me.. <_<

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::FlagAm:

Hey Cray Mingo,

1. Good luck you can do this, just keep sayin "I kin do this ...I kin do this! and I'm a gunfighter!....I'm a gunfighter.....just keep up the confidence..........and like Chyane said........ya best count yer shots, oh and start on the correct target and do the right sweep, remember Indiana sweep is 22-1-2-3

2. Pray fer Gunner to have a headache er sumthin that mornin !!!he heeeee

3. see number 2

Blood Washed

Mingo pard...remember I am always tryin to catch you. I will honestly say my respect for you is high. Just take it easy...if you kick my a## it's expected...but I'm going for the unexpected...heeeeeee yipppie yooooooo!

The FUN is only a couple days away.

GG

Mingo - Pard - Ol' Buddy -

Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Figgure out if you can alternate cocking and shooting, or if you need to double cock and then shoot. New GF shooters usually find that cocking both guns, then shooting one at a time is easiest. With split pistol, shoot DD. Think in terms of 5 shot strings (as mentioned many times here). It can be a lot like shooting rifle strings.

Oh, and dry fire. Good sight picture every shot, non shooting trigger finger off the trigger. Slow and easy can be faster than you think.

CR - (did I say dry fire?)

I have been strengthening my weak hand (and working on my strong hand as well) by using a foam stress ball. One of the things that I do is I take a medium sized stress ball in between my thumb and forefinger and repeatedly squeeze the ball with my thumb. Been doing this for a month now and am really surprised how much it has improved my thumb strength and dexterity.

Heee Haaa Lennie.. I'm shootin Pale-Rider Gunfighter..NO POOF-TINKERS .. :o Thanks Anyway.. ;) And if my Mentor down in Florida found out then he'ed probably make me wear a Pink hat band..Oh I'm sorry you wear a pink hat band.. :P

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Everybody..Thanks for all the usefull advice.. I learned alot of usefull infomation..Like bringing duct tape and tapein Gunner in the porta-jon.. :lol: and makein sure there are plenty of greasey donuts there .. and lacein his water bottle with lasics. ;) Also it takes alot of time and pratices to shoot Gunfighter..Lots of dry-firein..Ive asked for help and folks all over the country have done just that.. :) So I want ya Thank ya All again..FOR MAKEIN ME A PALE-RIDER GUNFIGHTER :D

Heee Haaaa Gunner.. Ive absorbed so much Gunfighter info ya best be Skeered.. :o I'm a bringin a large can of WHOOP-AS* ta open on you on the streets of Liberty

Heee Haaa Crazy (PALE-RIDER GUNFIGHTER)Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Everybody..Thanks for all the usefull advice.. I learned alot of usefull infomation..Like bringing duct tape and tapein Gunner in the porta-jon.. :lol: and makein sure there are plenty of greasey donuts there .. and lacein his water bottle with lasics. ;) Also it takes alot of time and pratices to shoot Gunfighter..Lots of dry-firein..Ive asked for help and folks all over the country have done just that.. :) So I want ya Thank ya All again..FOR MAKEIN ME A PALE-RIDER GUNFIGHTER :D

Heee Haaaa Gunner.. Ive absorbed so much Gunfighter info ya best be Skeered.. :o I'm a bringin a large can of WHOOP-AS* ta open on you on the streets of Liberty

Well mingo, everybody has to have a DREAM!

shyanne

:lol::lol::lol:

If this helps you any, remember that you are allowed to use your 'other' hand to assist in cocking and holstering your pistols.

:o

..........Widder

Must have some strange rules in Tennessee. You CANNOT cock a gun with the off hand. Not even in duelist categories.

I'd lay off the Lynchburg Punch fer awhile, Widder.

Let's do it! :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Guest Crosscut Hardy SASS # 54701

Hey Buddy -- BEST ADVICE

Call Buck D. Law to come help you out.

Archived