SASS Wire Forum

Ambush at Mill Creek.. cool.. and I met.. Big Jake..

Deja Vous

I had a great time at Mill Creek ex cept mizdeamaner decided that since I did not clean her she would not perform on Sunday after two stages.. so I borrowers JJJ's Marlin and finished.. It was very cool.. Quigley Photo was out there and they really took some nice photos..

The match was fun, the shooting was cool.. and the friends. like always they were the very "best"!!!!

I happened to notice a huge guy standing up by the loading table while I was out acting like me.. lol.. I thought he looked like someone I knew, but I was a bit busy right then.. He came over and introduced himself to me.. it was BIG JAKE.. how cool is that!!!!!!!!! I so much love meeting y'all.. you are all so much fun.

I will shoot again at the Black powder shoot in June for the LLL Memorial, and the Sunday after in Cajhon CA, and the next big one will be The LEGENDS!!!!!!!!!!! In the mean time I am hoping to get a lesson or two so I can focus.. lol Deja

Hey Deja, been wondering when you'd pop in, thought maybe you got lost on the way home!

yeah, well the new GPS has been a great help.. lol.. It was so much fun Grizzes.. I tell you it just keeps getting better and better.. The shooting was fun and funny, the evenings were filled with friends and nice people coming over to visit and having Peppers there with me the whole time was just priceless. She was LLC's angel wife.. she is a sweetie.. now just need to get her too shoot with me.. My only concern is she will beat me.. lol.. Now that would not be hard.. lol

Sounds like great fun to be sure. Camping at the range with a batch of cowboys sounds like the way to go... always stayed in a motel for out of town shoots, no RV and to stove up to sleep on the ground any more, not to mention I gotta plug in my CPAP machine...

Closest I cam to shooting this weekend was working on some reloading, enjoyable, but not near as much fun as shooting.

Sounds like great fun to be sure. Camping at the range with a batch of cowboys sounds like the way to go... always stayed in a motel for out of town shoots, no RV and to stove up to sleep on the ground any more, not to mention I gotta plug in my CPAP machine...

Closest I cam to shooting this weekend was working on some reloading, enjoyable, but not near as much fun as shooting.

There is nothing about shooting that I can not enjoy. Even reloading.... lol. I just love the sport, and I don't reload alone right now so that helps too.. Being active and having friends and doing cool stuff keeps me alive, always has! On Friday some of the guys in my posse shoot trap and skeet and they invited me along. I don't really have a gun for that but JJJ's does and I got to shoot it.. And I got to shoot VD's too.. While the "birds" had a way of avoiding my crummy attempts.. the "rabbits" brought back a few memories of childhood, gophers and a 22 packed with bird shot, or a 410..lol.. I did manage to get a few rabbits.. It was so much fun...

Watching the awards I decided I might take the sport a bit more serious and really try to shoot this next year.. lol.. But I still plan on having nothing but fun.. but I might really try to get better. Shooting was my "release" from lifes bumps.. now, the bumps are smoothing out and I am reading to make some new ones.. lol..

Grizzes.. shoot well and have fun...

There is nothing about shooting that I can not enjoy. Even reloading.... lol. I just love the sport, and I don't reload alone right now so that helps too.. Being active and having friends and doing cool stuff keeps me alive, always has! On Friday some of the guys in my posse shoot trap and skeet and they invited me along. I don't really have a gun for that but JJJ's does and I got to shoot it.. And I got to shoot VD's too.. While the "birds" had a way of avoiding my crummy attempts.. the "rabbits" brought back a few memories of childhood, gophers and a 22 packed with bird shot, or a 410..lol.. I did manage to get a few rabbits.. It was so much fun...

Watching the awards I decided I might take the sport a bit more serious and really try to shoot this next year.. lol.. But I still plan on having nothing but fun.. but I might really try to get better. Shooting was my "release" from lifes bumps.. now, the bumps are smoothing out and I am reading to make some new ones.. lol..

Grizzes.. shoot well and have fun...

Glad you had fun shootin them birds...I did one time for the club...I learned one thing about bird shooting or sporting clays as they call them, it can humble real fast...If I had to put food on the with that...No meat...Just vegys...

Texas Lizard

Sunday AM Big Medicine Sass #19 and I headed out to Ambush at Mill Creek to see the vendors and visit with old friends. We talked with people on about 6 stages still shooting. When we came to one posse, I saw Deja Vous and waited for a chance to walk out to her and introduce meownself. I put out my hand for a shake, before I knew what was happening, she gave me a big 'ol HUG.

We know each other from the Saloon(ACS) but now face to face. We saw lots of old friends, made some new ones. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Sunday AM Big Medicine Sass #19 and I headed out to Ambush at Mill Creek to see the vendors and visit with old friends. We talked with people on about 6 stages still shooting. When we came to one posse, I saw Deja Vous and waited for a chance to walk out to her and introduce meownself. I put out my hand for a shake, before I knew what was happening, she gave me a big 'ol HUG.

We know each other from the Saloon(ACS) but now face to face. We saw lots of old friends, made some new ones. Just sayin'

Big Jake

It was great meeting you.. and yeah, I give hugs not handshakes those are a bit fomal for me. Hugs just feel good, and you get to enjoy the smiles from people who are giving them back. The shoot was so much fun, and I am you stopped by and met me.. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had fun shootin them birds...I did one time for the club...I learned one thing about bird shooting or sporting clays as they call them, it can humble real fast...If I had to put food on the with that...No meat...Just vegys...

Texas Lizard

Well, TL if you want rabbit, I could bring home the fur... lol.. But the breast of quail.. uh.. not so much.. lol... The birds evade me!!

Thankfully we don't see many flyer here, if we did I reckon I'd have to find a way to practice them cuz I SUCK at flyers. I think I've seen maybe 5 total, and hit one.

It's all fun though.

Archived