SASS Wire Forum

My hands hurt

Grizzly Dave

About 800 cases thru the sizing die yesterday, belling die today, and 200 of those thru the hand primer this evening. I do enjoy reloading, but...I'm starting to think that maybe a 650 should come next before I get another gun...

I started reloading when I started Cowboy shooting 1985. I bought a RCBS Rock Chucker like you have and used it for 6 years.

Stepped up to a Dillon 550b in 1991 and it was like going from a VW to a Cadillac. 50 to 100 rounds per hour with the RCBS,

400-500 rounds per hour with the Dillon. A 550b is all you need for what we do, a 650 would be a treat. I say buy the strong mount and a roller handle, your going to rock and roll and save some $$$ with the 550b. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I, too, am partial to the 550b over the 650 ......

..... the 650 will allow you to use the powder checker thingy ....

Actually, you can use a powder checker thingy with the 550, too... just install it in Station 3, and have Station 4 seat and crimp - which most folk would do with a single stage anyway. :)

Hardpan, good info to have, the extra station for a powder check was one thing that was steering me to a 650. Gonna be w while before I pan enough gold for either one though...

Nieves have been good at waiting. My new Baikal is slated to arrive today via USPS Priority mail from the smith after getting worked over. So here I sit on the computer in the dining room watching out the front window for the mail gal to come along...

I started reloading when I started Cowboy shooting 1985. I bought a RCBS Rock Chucker like you have and used it for 6 years.

Stepped up to a Dillon 550b in 1991 and it was like going from a VW to a Cadillac. 50 to 100 rounds per hour with the RCBS,

400-500 rounds per hour with the Dillon. A 550b is all you need for what we do, a 650 would be a treat. I say buy the strong mount and a roller handle, your going to rock and roll and save some $$$ with the 550b. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I only get about 200-300 rounds per hour using my Dillon 550b. :( But I don't even begin to hurry. Check every time to make sure the primer gets in the pocket. That's the only thing that doesn't work consistently on my Dillon. Haven't changed the powder charge in over six years and it is still right-on-the-money...every time.

I will add that I've never had a bad round; squib or overload.

Love my Dillon.

Well boogers.

I just went out and got the mail but my shotgun never showed up. Sure hope it didn't go to the other house in this town with the same address, only difference is I live on XX Street and the other one is XX Way. Someone should slap whoever let both have houses with the same numbers.

Grizz

Well boogers.

I just went out and got the mail but my shotgun never showed up. Sure hope it didn't go to the other house in this town with the same address, only difference is I live on XX Street and the other one is XX Way. Someone should slap whoever let both have houses with the same numbers.

Grizz

I our area we have numbered streets. You'd think that 75th street is one block away from 76th street, but it could be 2 or more blocks. Here's how it works: 75th street, 75th Terrace, 76th street. Sometimes there's 75th Place, and/or 75th Circle thrown in to make things even more confusing.

Yeah, there are those around Denver as well, don't know if they were smart enough not to use the same house numbers or not.

Just seems silly and short sighted to have a 123 East Doofus Street and a 123 East Doofus Way.

I try to take it in stride when explaining to delivery drivers and such that they aren't at the right place and how to get to where they want to go. Worst one was when I see a cop striding up to the front door one evening, kids were out and I'm wondering what the heck happened. Yup, he was just doing a vacation check and saw the lights on and activity. He was kinda embarassed when I explained he was at the wrong house.

Hooboy, you pards would be lost with all the "Peachtree's" we have here in Atlanta....

I live on Carriage Trace, which is one block over from Carriage Drive. To make matters worse, the subdivision signs that say "Carriage Trace" in big letters are on either side of ... Carriage Drive. And yes, we also have the same house numbers on both roads!

USPS Tracking said yesterday my shotgun was scheduled to be delivered that day, it wasn't, today the tracking at least says "out for delivery"

So I guess the question is, do I get busy with chores to pass the time, or get out a camp chair and go wait at the curb? :D

Patience Grasshopper, all things will be reveled in their own time. You'll have plenty of time together in this life. Just sayin'

Big Jake

It's here it's here! And slicker than hot buttered snot on the 4th of July! Now if I could just find my snap caps...

Dang... that's plumb slick~!! :blink::lol:

Archived